Ford Superduty Tremor "off road" 2020 F250/F350.

phsycle

Adventurer
Test drove an F250 Lariat with the tremor package and diesel today. Damn that is a nice truck. Ride was decent for a 3/4 ton and the power is intoxicating. Tech was good as well. I don’t need the power so the salesman is going to call back when they have a 7.3. For some reason he was saying the 7.3 was going to be $3k more, but I’m calling BS. I tried to get in a Power Wagon at two Ram dealers today to compare, but none were around.

That makes no sense. Diesel is a $10k premium vs $2k for the 7.3 over the base engine. Sounds like typical salesman talk to get you to buy what’s on the lot now.

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
So what. It’s an option. Add it. Simple as that.

Ram isn’t falling behind. They are just focusing on different things. Interiors and ride quality. Both of which blow everyone else away.

In today’s automotive world you have to differentiate yourself, not try to keep up. I see both Ram and Ford doing that well. The Tremor is a good truck. Real off-road options with real payload. Much higher than you’d ever think an SRW truck would see. The Ford equivalent to my Ram has like 500# more payload. The 2019 Rams are good trucks too. The interior is amazing and crazy luxurious. It blows any Ford away easily.

These days successful companies find a niche and own it. They are both doing that well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The biggest concern I have is with the 50” flat screen some Rams come with. I’ve seen a few new Power Wagon owners with the screen being glitchy and locking up. If that thing dies after warranty you’re talking big money to replace it.

I sat in the new Super Duty Tremor this weekend at Barrett Jackson (Limited model I believe) and it really was a fantastic looking truck with very comfortable seats. Ford will sell a bunch of these trucks!

Oilbrnr

Watching the video (which the off-road stuff was shot at a gravel quarry west of here in Phx., that Ford setup for upcoming presser's) I was expecting a bit more flex than what that Tremor did. They intentionally made that ditch though to highlight the fact the computer could keep it moving while have 1-2 tires off the ground and just way over exaggerated it, knowing full well that articulation isn't stellar.

Physics are a ********** though. You want flex, or do you want payload. Pick one.

Guys scoff at the PW's payload, but there is a reason it is so low.

I'd just get the FX4 package and use the savings towards a real suspension, or a true selectable front locker. Having the winch available as a separate line item option is nice for those that want it in a stock appearance package IMHO.

The 7.3 is going to appeal to many. Barring any unforeseen upcoming issues, I bet it will be a real winner for Ford.

Last edited:

Oilbrnr

The biggest concern I have is with the 50” flat screen some Rams come with. I’ve seen a few new Power Wagon owners with the screen being glitchy and locking up. If that thing dies after warranty you’re talking big money to replace it.
I haven't read of any issues, but chances of the actual display being a or the problem is slim vs. a firmware problem. Any of the new bigger displays on any OEM are going to be pricey to actually replace.

D

Deleted member 9101

Any of the new bigger displays on any OEM are going to be pricey to actually replace.

Only if you buy new, from a dealership. I can easily get a used 8" screen for my F150 for 100-150.00 and a ACM for about the same. Either one takes less than 20 min to install.

Littlehouse

Adventurer
That makes no sense. Diesel is a $10k premium vs $2k for the 7.3 over the base engine. Sounds like typical salesman talk to get you to buy what’s on the lot now.
I was thinking the same thing, but this dealer was also still trying to sell Raptors at $10k over MSRP, so who knows. I’ll find out when the 7.3 comes in a month.

So Cal is crazy in many ways, and I’ll probably have to deal with going out of state. This Tremor was at $75k, which is too rich for my blood. Power wagon at Dennis Dillon is mid 50s.

D

Deleted member 9101

I would say the life of the 6.2 depends on how popular the 7.3 option is. If the 7.4 outsells the 6.2, you could see the end of it. It would be a cost cutting option for Ford. The repair cost of the 7.3 will be cheaper than the 6.2 The pushrod 7.3 is oriented for fleet use more so than the 6.2

If that was true, then Ford would have canned the NA V6 and 5.0 in the F150.

The 6.2 is damn near bullet proof...thus repair cost really aren't an issue. We run them where I work and other than oil changes and spark plugs they don't go in the shop.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer

I sat in the new Super Duty Tremor this weekend at Barrett Jackson (Limited model I believe) and it really was a fantastic looking truck with very comfortable seats. Ford will sell a bunch of these trucks!

It only comes with it if you check that box. It’s an option on all but the limited. So if you I don’t want it, don’t get it.

Mine has been perfect for 7000 miles for far. Something I couldn’t say about the 8.4 in my 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Explorerinil

Observer
Test drove an F250 Lariat with the tremor package and diesel today. Damn that is a nice truck. Ride was decent for a 3/4 ton and the power is intoxicating. Tech was good as well. I don’t need the power so the salesman is going to call back when they have a 7.3. For some reason he was saying the 7.3 was going to be $3k more, but I’m calling BS. I tried to get in a Power Wagon at two Ram dealers today to compare, but none were around.
The power wagon won’t compare to the power of the diesel if that’s what you drove. Shop around, I got my left over 19 power wagon with every option accept for ram box’s and a sun roof... and I mean every option, for 53k. Ram trucks definitely have the best interior, ride quality and are very quiet, plus the fit and finish is top notch.

Explorerinil

Observer

Locally a dealer has a tradesman power wagon without the big screen, that may be an option for you. I have the large screen and absolutely love it, if it goes out in the bumper to bumper 100k ware try I have then it will be covered, beyond then, I bet it’s not cheap but they will be floating around at junk yards.

i have had no issues or glitches with the screen.

Littlehouse

Adventurer
The power wagon won’t compare to the power of the diesel if that’s what you drove. Shop around, I got my left over 19 power wagon with every option accept for ram box’s and a sun roof... and I mean every option, for 53k. Ram trucks definitely have the best interior, ride quality and are very quiet, plus the fit and finish is top notch.
It's what I drove, but I don't need it. I tow 6,000lbs a few times a year and don't need the headache of a new diesel. Excited to get my hands on the 7.3 to compare to the power wagon though.

Pnwfullsize

Locally a dealer has a tradesman power wagon without the big screen, that may be an option for you. I have the large screen and absolutely love it, if it goes out in the bumper to bumper 100k ware try I have then it will be covered, beyond then, I bet it’s not cheap but they will be floating around at junk yards.

i have had no issues or glitches with the screen.

Do you have a link for that tradesman? I have been looking for on nation wide.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
If that was true, then Ford would have canned the NA V6 and 5.0 in the F150.

The 6.2 is damn near bullet proof...thus repair cost really aren't an issue. We run them where I work and other than oil changes and spark plugs they don't go in the shop.

Great to hear! Why I opted for a '19 6.2L vs '20 7.3L. I never like owning the first year of any new engine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles