Ford Superduty Tremor "off road" 2020 F250/F350.

Oilbrnr

I don't consider it lame. Offers the locking diff and limited slip diff package, plus additional traction control modes, 1.5" lift with 35" Duratracs on 18 inch wheels, increased shock size and capacity. 13K towing capacity compared to 10K for the Power Wagon. Available in any trim package, not stuck with a high end trim like Dodge. Ford for sure fired a shot at Dodge with it. Time will tell. No need to complain about no winch because first thing most owners do after lifting a vehicle is some type of winch bumper. The field is wide open on bumper selection and winch brand.
A smart dealer will offer a variety of dealer installed bumpers and winches.

I will bet money those improved shocks are made by Fox for Ford considering they supplied Raptor shocks.

The Power Wagon package IS available across the board. There is a mid-trim level equivalent to the Big Horn.

Duratracs and the shocks on both trucks are throw-aways.

Elocker > TrueTrac

6.4<7.3 (unknown teething issues?)

PW RTI > Tremmors. This is a big differentiator between the two.

Ford really didn't move the bar much.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
If it works like it should then no more two foot driving a Truetrac. Did you noticed it also said off road crawl cruise control? I want to see how that works out.

Same as hill decent. It's a pedal operated cruise control. Use throttle to speed up, liftand it holds that speed. Us brake to slowdown, lift and it holds that speed.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
The Power Wagon package IS available across the board. There is a mid-trim level equivalent to the Big Horn.

Elocker > TrueTrac

Diesel.
Annnnd lets wait until we see it's GVWR before talking about RTI's. The PW isn't camper friendly.

shade

Elocker > TrueTrac

PW RTI > Tremmors. This is a big differentiator between the two.

Look at where the Tremor falls within Ford's lineup. In that context, they moved the bar.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
It's not a bad tyre, but it has some limitations. I wonder how well it'll hold up to hauling & towing loads a Tremor is likely to see.

I believe they come in a load range E version?

They’re far from awesome on some heavier vehicles depending on the OEM spec. Personally I have found they’re a decent winter truck tire.

Okay, I have them on a F150. Maybe that's why? Yes, I agree, they handled the Alberta winters very well. I'd like to get a 2nd 'winter' set and have them studded.

shade

I believe they come in a load range E version?

Okay, I have them on a F150. Maybe that's why? Yes, I agree, they handled the Alberta winters very well. I'd like to get a 2nd 'winter' set and have them studded.
Even in Load E, it's lightly constructed compared to the competition.

It worked well for me on a Tacoma, but I changed to the hardier Cooper S/T Maxx for more durability. I agree that the DuraTrac is a great winter tyre for an AT.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I see room for improvement, but I'm sure Ford already ran the studies & numbers to support where they ended up.

Ford may have thought that a true front LSD would be more useful in this application than a full locker. I tend to agree.

On the suspension, anti-sway bar disconnects would be a good idea. A wheelbase this long needs all the help it can get with articulation, and OEMs can produce a disconnect system that actuates from a button in the cab. That's another selling point for a Tremor over DIY.

How good is the OEM skid plate system? Probably room for improvement there, and OEMs have the tech to use high strength steel to offer lighter skids with the same level of protection as heavier aftermarket systems. Another bonus for Tremor over DIY.

I'm sure the shocks are tuned to the truck, but I think OEMs are missing a huge branding opportunity on shocks. Average Dude may know little about trucks, but when he sees the flash of Fox under a Raptor, it gets his attention. Ford already has a relationship with Fox, so why not work with them to create a package for the Tremor? There's enough to differentiate the Raptor & Tremor, and the money goes into the same pot.
I think the Tremor will do very well. As everyone has stated, its everything an owner wants without the unnecessary parts of the power wagon. I'm excited for it.

The OEM skidplates from the Fx4 package are a good start...I wouldn't consider it a thick or impressive skid place. It protects but I wouldnt count on it if I was doing real offroad.

I didn't think about the relationship with Fox shocks until now. I still feel like they could have made the shocks more visually attractive. It just looks like a sticker.

shade

I will bet money those improved shocks are made by Fox for Ford considering they supplied Raptor shocks.
Maybe, but if that's the case, you think they'd be falling all over themselves blabbing about the "FOX tuned suspension, derived from their racing heritage in the world of manly pursuits, insert-Tincup Whiskey-reference-here."

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
I don't think that Fox makes a twin tube shock? I can respect engineers not going hardcore on shocks, as the are so easy to change by the end user.

Duratracs are good tires. A little wiggly when new. Don't seem to handle as much weight as they're rated for. Seem soft. Thin sidewalls like a normal tire. Cooper St Maxx is way better, since it's on a thick MT carcass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz