Ford Superduty Tremor "off road" 2020 F250/F350.

LimaMikeMike

Observer
I’m sad it’s not available as a supercab (yet). I know almost nobody buys a supercab anymore, I think it would make a great platform for a reasonable slide in camper set up if it’s GVWR isn’t derated too much. F350 capabilities, some off-road bits and a shorter wheelbase.

nickw

Adventurer
I’m sad it’s not available as a supercab (yet). I know almost nobody buys a supercab anymore, I think it would make a great platform for a reasonable slide in camper set up if it’s GVWR isn’t derated too much. F350 capabilities, some off-road bits and a shorter wheelbase.
That's where my head is too, blends offroad competence with capability, somewhere in between the Powerwagon and a std. 3/4-t Ton Dodge and Ford. Gives the options of using a heavier slid-in where you can't with a Powerwagon.

DirtRoads

Observer
That's where my head is too, blends offroad competence with capability, somewhere in between the Powerwagon and a std. 3/4-t Ton Dodge and Ford. Gives the options of using a heavier slid-in where you can't with a Powerwagon.

You're going to see a compromise for that somewhere, and it will probably be on the offroad performance side.

I think the Tremor will do very well. As everyone has stated, its everything an owner wants without the unnecessary parts of the power wagon. I'm excited for it.

Which parts are unnecessary?

nickw

Adventurer
You're going to see a compromise for that somewhere, and it will probably be on the offroad performance side.
Of course, hence my comment of it being somewhere in between a PW and a std. HD pickup. Happy medium if you will...

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
I'm a total Ford Fanboy and will prob drool over this truck and test drive it and contemplate buying it..... but you have to admit he has somewhat of a point....

To call it a power wagon competitor it needs to be more. This is like the Ram Rebel being called a Raptor Competitor. Not quite.

Again, I love Ford and love this truck but I feel Ford could have done something more. Something more unique like a different/unique suspension or a true front locker. Hell, even shocks that look purpose built for the truck.

Just my opinion

Exactly, this is much more akin to the Rebel or TRD Pro package than a PowerWagon.

I just don't see the point in paying $5k for this package when you can get Carli springs and real shocks for less that will work much better.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Which parts are unnecessary?
Let me start with saying this: the PW is awesome and I'm not knocking it. My next truck will be the PW or an F250 so I have been doing a lot of research and comparison of the two.

For 99% of PW owners, the winch and the front locker are unnecessary and never get used. Also I feel RAM could compromise on the suspension set up the PW has to allow more more payload and to perhaps allow a diesel to fit. Now, of course, those 3 things are the sex appeal and main selling points for the PW. Still mostly unnecessary tho.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Exactly, this is much more akin to the Rebel or TRD Pro package than a PowerWagon.

I just don't see the point in paying $5k for this package when you can get Carli springs and real shocks for less that will work much better.
Maybe not Carli as I feel they're a more expensive. Better quality than what the tremor will likely offer but still more expensive, but you make a point. Carli lift and tires/rims you're well over 5k once all said and done and still dont have rear locker.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
Maybe not Carli as I feel they're a more expensive. Better quality than what the tremor will likely offer but still more expensive, but you make a point. Carli lift and tires/rims you're well over 5k once all said and done and still dont have rear locker.

The rear locker is available as an option by itself on a regular truck. Carli springs with 2.0 Fox IFP shock are pretty affordable.

Why do you need rims? 35s on factory 18s will work just fine.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Or the 35" tires or the terrain management etc...

People that want to buy a Super Duty and modify it to suit their purposes can, and the people that want to buy something off the showroom floor with a little more off road capability than other stock Super Duites can as well. Win-win.

I'm sure a bunch of people will buy the Tremor and rip out everything that makes it a Tremor to upgrade it as well.... To each their own.

Oilbrnr

Why? I've got about 53,000 miles on my Duratracs and they've been good to me.
It's not a bad tyre, but it has some limitations. I wonder how well it'll hold up to hauling & towing loads a Tremor is likely to see.

Sidewalls are weak. Easy to slash open off-roading, ask me how I know. Sidewalls also show there weak side when towing or loaded heavy. As stated, decent in snow.

shade

I don't think that Fox makes a twin tube shock? I can respect engineers not going hardcore on shocks, as the are so easy to change by the end user.
I'm sure Fox has shocks on the shelf, or could easily adapt some. No need for a twin tube design. In fact, having a remote reservoir design could be a better sales ploy.

You're still looking at it as a DIYer. Neither of use would do it, but some folks just want to sign & drive, and having sparkly trail jewelry like reservoir shocks and a winch bumper installed by the OEM strokes them just right.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
some folks just want to sign & drive, and having sparkly trail jewelry like reservoir shocks and a winch bumper installed by the OEM strokes them just right.
Yep! (y) Well, the winch bumper anyway. Even though I know I really don't need one. My stock half ton has taken me everywhere I go without issue.

But, I like trucks like the power wagon and tremor anyway. Maybe if I had a more capable truck, I'd take it out more place... Maybe? :oops:

SoTxAg06

Sidewalls are weak. Easy to slash open off-roading, ask me how I know. Sidewalls also show there weak side when towing or loaded heavy. As stated, decent in snow.

Very similar experience with Duratracs on a 3/4 ton Chevy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online