Ford Superduty Tremor "off road" 2020 F250/F350.

chet6.7

Explorer
I have had a couple of pick ups with 2 tanks,no problems with condensation,complexity,extra weight ect. If I can avoid buying fuel in Furnace Creek it aint a bad thing,heck even running up or down HWY 5, I wish I had more fuel on board.If someone doesnt want the extra capacity fine,I do, and have had the experience of what that extra capacity gave me.

nater

Adventurer
I have to say, i feel like this is a half hearted effort by Ford to take on the PW. Yes, it will likely have greater payload and towing than the PW, but you loose out on the additional articulation that the PW soft springs get you?

I feel like if you were already in the market for a Super Duty, this is a valid option, but I dont think it will pull many buyers who were attracted to the PW? Maybe I am wrong?!

shade

I have to say, i feel like this is a half hearted effort by Ford to take on the PW. Yes, it will likely have greater payload and towing than the PW, but you loose out on the additional articulation that the PW soft springs get you?

I feel like if you were already in the market for a Super Duty, this is a valid option, but I dont think it will pull many buyers who were attracted to the PW? Maybe I am wrong?!
I think it's the other way around. It gives a Ford lover an option that keeps them from grudgingly buying a Ram.

The Tremor gives diehard Ford lovers something that kind of matches up with the Power Wagon, but it excels in a few ways that the Ram doesn't - just like the PW has some things missing from the Tremor. Ford packaged the Tremor in a way that shouldn't encroach on Raptor sales, and it does a reasonably good job of combatting the PW. If either company wanted a direct, feature for feature competitor, they could easily build it.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
As a multiple Superduty owner and a recent PW owner who is considering getting back into a HD truck in the next 6-12 months, I have been patiently awaiting the arrival of this truck. I must say that after digesting it for a few days I am somewhat underwhelmed. Like most, I was expecting a full on PW competitor and this IMHO falls short. Between the two brands I still prefer the Ford and that's why I was hoping to have a SD PW option.

The one major win is the fact that you have the diesel option, for those that have heavier towing needs this is a good thing. A better payload for a FWC is also a huge plus. The tires are crap and would be replaced immediately. I do like the appearance package and the black ovals are a nice touch. From what I understand there will be an optional winch available as well. What it boils down to for me is the diesel and heavier payload, those are the two wins over the PW IMHO. The PW is still the better choice for a dedicated off-road rig but for most it is overkill. I don't feel like I am any closer to making a decision here, but I am happy to have yet another option when it comes time to pull the trigger. If I am completely honest with myself, I can do almost everything I will ever encounter with a standard FX4 or this Tremor package with a few aftermarket modifications. I guess in the end, like some of you, I was just expecting more.

nickw

Adventurer
^Agreed. Let's also be honest about how the average F-250 owner will use his/her truck...the wheelbase on a CrewCab SB F-250 is 10 inches longer than that of a Crew Cab PW, which is already fairly long for a 4x4 vehicle. It's great to know that your HD gasoline or diesel truck has added capability, but how many owners are actually going to drive into places where that sort of capability is truly needed?

Is there a manual 4x4 mode as well? I saw a recent review of the Ranger where someone was complaining about how the vehicle would switch into/out of 4Hi without any user input...seems like a bad idea if that can't be disabled or switched to a manual mode.

That doesn't compute, I cant imagine a Ranger, or ANY 4wd vehicle, shifting from 4hi to 4low (or vice versa) on it's own unless the electronics are malfunctioning. Besides being a major liability (performance and safety) I don't know how it would work mechanically. Not to mention what sort of algorithm the computer would need to know for when / how to do that. Generally by the time you NEED 4 low / 4 hi the drivetrain may be bound up and or at a RPM that would not allow the mechanical systems to operate.

I always STOP when shifting, I know some vehicles allow very slow forward movement (like just above a crawl), but I've never tried it.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
4L requires that the trans be in Neutral to go in and out. I suppose you could force it in with the manual shifter..

Keep in mind that Ford watches these forums. If everyone, that can't drive for $#!7, complains about 1 wheel peel from an elocker, we get stuck with an LSD in the front. Then there's the shmucko 5'er guys asking for lower trucks, for their sloppy fat trailers. And now the 2020's sit 2" lower than the 2017's.

And there's this guy:

img_9039_7eebee9a15c5f4f3adb994deac5b748514e325ef.jpg

What do you mean that my HPFP s rusty?

Last edited:

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
there is so much misinformation in this thread:

THERE WILL BE AN OPTIONAL WARN WINCH AT LAUNCH

the springs are softer and more flexy, 30mm front lift and 40mm rear, but thanks to wizardry, PFM, and satanic rituals, Ford figured out how to built a coil and leaf pack that can handle weight and still flex out.

the Tremor has a unique front axle that is specific to it and only it, that is a dana 60/70 hybrid. Its slightly narrower for a tighter turning radius

the tremor while it has a limited slip front differential, is aided by the super advanced raptor traction control system. there is no reason why this cannot compete head to head with the PW.

I own a power wagon, that i love and continue to modify and mess with. I've seen the Tremor in person in Detroit this past week - its the real deal. it is a direct competitor to the Power Wagon whether you guys want to admit it or not. Will the PW do better off road? yes, it will. It has a shorter wheelbase and a shorter rear overhang, but thats why it will do better, nothing else.

shade

the springs are softer and more flexy, 30mm front lift and 40mm rear, but thanks to wizardry, PFM, and satanic rituals, Ford figured out how to built a coil and leaf pack that can handle weight and still flex out.

the Tremor has a unique front axle that is specific to it and only it, that is a dana 60/70 hybrid. Its slightly narrower for a tighter turning radius

the tremor while it has a limited slip front differential, is aided by the super advanced raptor traction control system. there is no reason why this cannot compete head to head with the PW.

I own a power wagon, that i love and continue to modify and mess with. I've seen the Tremor in person in Detroit this past week - its the real deal. it is a direct competitor to the Power Wagon whether you guys want to admit it or not. Will the PW do better off road? yes, it will. It has a shorter wheelbase and a shorter rear overhang, but thats why it will do better, nothing else.
Some of the "misinformation" was based on the information that was available. If you have something better, please cite a reference.

Can you cite RTI numbers for the Tremor?

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper

I'm curious as to what you do for a living? Is that what gave you early access to the info about this truck?

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
I'm curious as to what you do for a living? Is that what gave you early access to the info about this truck?

From the flurry of "ads/posts" last week on Instagram, Ford invited a ton of "influencers" to a junket to drive the truck. All their posts say the same thing as the ExPo advertorial, Powerwagon killer. Take that for what you will.

shade

From the flurry of "ads/posts" last week on Instagram, Ford invited a ton of "influencers" to a junket to drive the truck. All their posts say the same thing as the ExPo advertorial, Powerwagon killer. Take that for what you will.
If the above was the work of an influencer, I'm not impressed, but I have been influenced.

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer

You seem to have better information than most. If what you're saying is true, I look forward to seeing how it compares/competes to the Power Wagon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles