Ford Transit AWD Lift Kit "ALTITUDE"

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
There have been a ton of questions asking if the 2wd Ford Transit lift kit will work on the AWD. Unfortunately that lower arm does not work but lucky for we made one that does fit the AWD vans giving it 2" of lift. The lower arm will keep the lower ball joint at a more neutral position at ride height. We will be posting more pics and if you have any questions please let us know.

motovan_mn

@Weldtec Designs I think many people over on the Transit forum have a question about the CV joints binding at full droop. At least according to Van Compass, the reason their 2" lift kit is designed with a 1" spacer and a stiffer coil to achieve a total of 2" lift is because with a 2" spacer ONLY, they experienced some binding in the CV joint at full droop. Does the Weldtec kit address this issue in some way, or has your experience been than the binding is a non-issue?

Link to the Transit forum thread for reference:

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Let's have some fun and talk suspension,
I will do my best to explain the benefits in the lift kit by WTD. With most lift kits you are changing the angle of the suspension like the lower control arm. As this arm is pushed down with the lift on the Ford Transit it is making the "track width" distance smaller. This change will create plunge in the axle at the new ride height with lift and increase with down travel or articulation. Due to the short axle on the passenger side it has a worse effects.

With the WeldTec Designs AWD lift kit includes a fabricated lower control arm and 2" strut spacer. The benefit of the new WTD LCA is it maintains the same track width with the lift as OEM. This reduces the axle plunge at the new ride height and as the wheel travel up and down. This is how the CV axle bind is reduced on the WTD lift kit on the Ford Transit AWD.
If you have more questions about this kit please ask.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior