FourWheelOverland FWC Flatbed Model Conversion

FourWheelOverland

Four_Wheel_Overland on Instagram
Morning everyone!

I am a big fan of Four Wheel Campers. I have owned 4 up til now. Started with an 00 Eagle, then bought an 02 Hawk, then ordered a brand new Hawk Shell two years ago.

I sold the Hawk Shell last month to fund this project. I love the flatbed setups, plenty of room for our family of 4 plus dog. I considered building something completely custom, but I do love the idea of modifying something to be better than the original design.

I found a 2004 Granby out in North Carolina. It would be perfect base for a Flatbed Conversion. I needed a Granby to replicate a Hawk flatbed. Longer roof but it will have the same footprint of a Hawk for a 6.5' bed length.

My base vehicle is a 2015 Ram 2500. I have added Powerwagon coils and shocks up front to level the suspension. I added AEV Salta Wheels with 37x12.5x17 Federal Explora RT Tires, and some other AEV goodies. I am in the process of building a simple flatbed trey to hold the camper, nothing fancy, but I do plan to add some angled wheel well storage boxes down the line.

I decided to document the build via YouTube, as I am filming most of the build, I find it easier to explain in detail on video than typing out explanations. I will try to post updates here, but it is best to subscribe to my YouTube page AND Follow on Instagram. @FourWheelOverland.

chris_the_wrench

Fixer & Builder of Things
Where's the next video? Did you consider doing aluminum siding like the stock campers vs the sheet you used? Looks great, just curious.

Keep up the work!
-Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier