From Russia with Love: A Ural Gear-Up Project

jegarh

knobby tires.

And some new tires - odd buying four REAR 19" tires for the same moto :) [IMG said:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/972193_10151899135328275_1780715599_n.jpg[/IMG]

More details soon, we are all packing up for the Overland Expo

Those are some serious looking tires. What are they? I need some for my 2012 GU.

Scott Brady

Founder
They are:
Kenda K760 Trakmaster II Rear Tire
Size- 100/90-19

I do not expect the main rear drive tire to last longer than 1,000 miles. On the dirt, traction (particularly steering) is greatly improved. Braking and drive traction also improved. On the street, the exact opposite occurred.

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
I really, really want one...top of my list right now. I just need to go for a test drive...and find a job so I can stop spending my down payment that I've been saving for 8 months. I hope to be in one by Labor Day. It just looks like so much ridiculous fun!!

Scott Brady

Founder
The performance of the Ural is somewhat irrelevant. It is the smile it brings to your face, the sense of nostalgia, and of course, it is extremely stylish even sitting still!

Dorn_Holly.jpg
Image: Bruce Dorn

Last edited:

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
Thanks Scott I might have to take you up on that and get out of this heat!

The performance of the Ural is somewhat irrelevant. It is the smile it brings to your face, the sense of nostalgia, and of course, it is extremely stylish even sitting still!

Thats exactly what I'm going for! :)

Scott Brady

Founder
Ok, one more. . .
1025833_515613998504176_409767835_o.jpg

As an interesting technical note, this image is actually a single frame video capture from a Canon 4K 1DC

Cody1771

Explorer
nice bike... yeah theres a bike in those shots right? anyways, went on a ride today and ran into a very well equipped Ural! i love these bikes....

9120907587_3354593137_z.jpg

Joanne

Adventurer
One of my all time favorite rides is 89A out of Flagstaff, down through Sedona, over through Jerome, and into Prescott. (Then turn around and do it the other way!) Went to NAU and never lost my love of the area.

Joanne

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles