Front Bumper Catalogue

HongerVenture

Adventurer
While browsing for rear bumper and slider ideas on this and other forums, I got a wacky brainstorm. Let's start a thread that catalogues each of these items. We can do one for additional items as the need arises.

This thead is to catalogue the various, aftermarket FRONT BUMPERS that the Expo community has.

Posts in this thread should indicate the following:

Vehicle: Year, make, model
Bumper Manufacturer: ARB, TJM, custom-fab, etc.
Associated Accessories: Winch, lighting, antennas, etc.
Mounting: Bolt-on or weld-on
Other Notes: Interesting items of note
Picture: Attach or link to a picture

Please try to keep posts relevant and on-topic to make this a handy tool for the forum.

Last edited:

HongerVenture

Adventurer
I'll start...

Vehicle: 1998 Toyota T100
Bumper Manufacturer: TJM
Associated Accessories: Currently houses a Milemarker E9000 winch
Mounting: Bolt-on with custom modified brackets
Other Notes: TJM Bumpers were originally winch-rated for the T100 but then downgraded to non-winchable after several T100 owners had the brackets fail. Hence my brackets were custom modified to prevent failure.
Picture:

T100TJM.jpg

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Tacoma DoubleCab 4x4
Bumper Manufacturer: ARB
Associated Accessories: Dirt, mud, scratches, rock hole through turn signal.
Mounting: Bolt-on. Modified the bumper turn signal lights with new waterproof harness to allow for easier removal of bumper.
Other Notes: This has been a great bumper for me. It's solid protection that looks great.

Picture: Sorry - it's an old one.
tacoma3.JPG

rusty_tlc

Explorer
Vehicle: 1975 Toyota LandCruiser FJ40
Bumper Manufacturer: Cool Cruisers of Texas, Hell For Stout
Associated Accessories: Warn 8274-50
Mounting: Bolt on, nuts tack welded for security
Other Notes: Does not pass the safe bumper act. Bite me.

Dscn1854.jpg

RoundOut

Explorer
Tough Country, El Campo, TX

Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Tundra SR5 Access Cab
Bumper Manufacturer: Tough Country
Style: Apache front replacement
Associated Accessories: Foglight sleeves, D-ring recovery points, 2" Receiver rated @ 14,000 lbs., "Eurobar", KC Platinum Slimlights
Mounting: Bolt-on
Other Notes: God forbid, but fender benders are the other vehicles problem ;-)
Can be manufactured to house a winch, but I elected the choice of whether my winch is in the front or back by having the heavy duty receiver tube integrated. Also, the welding they do is phenominal.

Last edited:

gjackson

FRGS
Vehicle: Land Rover Defender (fits all Defenders with pushout grill.)
Bumper Manufacturer: Safari Gard
Associated Accessories: Superwinch X9, Hella 4000, 5000lb tow point
Other Notes: Includes skidplate. Modified by SpiderTrax to incorporate the roll cage and limb risers.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Vehicle: 2003 Jeep Wrangler
Bumper Manufacturer: Custom (by me)
Associated Accessories: Winch, fairlead protection, radiator hoop 2 recovery points.
Other Notes: Bumper is 2 x 4 x 3/16 steel tube, winch plate is 1/4" steel, fairlead protection is 11ga steel, radiator hoop is 1.75" 11ga HREW, recovery points are 1/2" steel bar stock (cold rolled).

Dmarchand

Adventurer
Vehicle: 1997 Defender
Bumper Manufacturer: Rockware (www.rockware.net)
Associated Accessories: Winch, light tabs, bottle opener (hidden).
Other Notes: They make many variations and bumpers for other vehicle makes.

medium.jpg

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Vehicle: 2002, Toyota, 4Runner
Bumper Manufacturer: TJM
Associated Accessories: T-Max OUTBACK 9000/ Masterpull Superline, LightForce 240 Blitz, Wilson antenna.
Other Notes: Capable of withstanding toyota corolla's at 30 mph

P1310542.jpg

P1310544.jpg

P1310546.jpg

P1310545.jpg

Aaron

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
Vehicle: 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Associated Accessories: Warn M800 winch, IPF lights, Viking Delrin Rollers, Masterpull synthetic line.
Other Notes:
Winter009.jpg

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Vehicle: '82 Land Cruiser FJ40
Bumper Manufacturer: Cool Cruisers of Texas, Hell for Stout
Associated Accessories: Warn 8274-50; ProComp Halogen lights; "Aussie" style brush guard (mfgr unknown)
Mounting: Bolt-on and a little welding for good measure!
Picture: below...

Bella PSD

Explorer
Vehicle: 99-07 Ford SD F 350
But also for Chevy, GMC, Dodge, Toyota Tundra and Sequoia and Jeep Bullnose bumper.
Bumper Manufacturer: RanchHand or copies
Associated Accessories: Winch, lighting, Block heater plug.
Mounting: Winch plate
Other Notes: Huge Skid plate!!
The smaller one at the bottom was my old Bull-Nose RanchHand. The bigger one is only 170 LBS more than stock without Winch.
Louie
View attachment 6252

View attachment 6253

View attachment 6254

View attachment 6255

Vehicle: 2000 Toyota Tundra
Associated Accessories (Available, I do not have these): 10k/12k winch, four holes to mount lights and/or antennae.
Mounting: Two fasteners each side for frame to shell support, three fasteners each side mounting shell to shell support.
Other Notes: Airbag-compatible, accordian crush zones in shell supports, ample and capable standing room on the bumper. The sides of this bumper were substantially modified to provide clearance for 35" and larger tires, and to match the profile of the fiberglass fenders. From roughly the edges of the chrome hoop and outward, the bumper is coated in Rhino Liner...it was easier than trying to paint everything or have the modified sides re-coated, and provides a better sitting/standing platform, place to set stuff, etc.

The rightmost photo is the mostly stock bumper...part of the side had already been removed near the tire, but it's still the full length.

vengeful

Explorer
Vehicle: 1999 Nissan Pathfinder
Bumper: TJM T-15 Winch Bumper
Associated Accessories: Hella 500 Driving Lights (hope to switch to some Lightforce soon, but no $$)
Other Notes: Just bought it on eBay! First one I've seen in 3 years. For those who don't know. TJM discontinued the R50 (1996-2004) Pathfinder bumpers in 2001, due to low sales. These bumpers are in HIGH-DEMAND now, and TJM was working with a company out of Florida to try to start making them again, but cancelled the order 3 days before they were supposed to start making them, because, apparently, they didn't have the tooling anymore.

I haven't actually received the bumper yet, but I'll have pics on my truck in a couple weeks once I get it installed. In the mean time, enjoy this pic of an identical bumper mounted on Dean Thayer's 1997 Pathfinder. :)

01gatekeeper_d0h.jpg

02squeezerock_d1.jpg

Those were taken on his trip down the Rubicon in October of 2003. Link to Dean's website

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94