Front camera install on Grand Cherokee?

kga1978

Hi all,

I have been toying around with the idea of installing a front-facing camera to help with navigation when driving off-road. I find myself on a lot of steep hills looking at the beautiful hood of my 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, but sometimes it'd be great to have a sense of what might be over that hill... i.e., preferably not a sheer drop... And if it is, knowing so before cresting the hill :wink2:.

Have any of you tried installing a front facing camera? How easy/difficult? I can see there are a lot of cheapo wireless options on Amazon, but I have no idea how well these work or how they plug in. I have also come across the various lockpick options, which look very interesting, but again, I have no sense of how easy/difficult these are to install (or whether I could get a local shop here in San Diego to install it).

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

rayra

Expedition Leader
walking the ascent first would be a good idea. Likewise a proper topo map or app and the ability / facility to interpret the information, when figuring out your intended route ahead of time.

Your camera idea is fine, but I wouldn't want to be head-down focused on a small screen when I'm cresting anything. And I'm sure as excrement not driving a vehicle forward when I don't know what's 10' in front of me.

eta want to stare at a screen, might as well make it fun and get a DJi Spark drone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz