Front receiver

barko1

Anyone have experience carrying a bike up front rather than rear? I have a DR650 and also have a KX250 that I am hoping to get plated, obviously a lot light (not to mention more fun). I intend to to put a FWC on the back and am thinking I'd like to avoid hauling a trailer.

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
I've seen it done on the front, but only with full size trucks. It's a lot of weight for the front suspension (especially if you already have some protection or a winch).

What type of vehicle are you using?

Pete

Carlyle

Explorer
You're right it would be a bad idea w/o some major suspension mods. In addition, it will partially block the radiator and your headlights. I carried a generator on the front in an aluminum box and I could really tell the difference with just it.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
I've seen it done a few times....as already mentioned, always on the front of full size trucks, sportsmobiles, etc.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
For short trips I could see it but as others have said, I would worry about blocking the radiator and especially the headlights. I'd say if you can't figure a way to attach it to the back, just get a small trailer. More of a hassle, but also safer.

Check out the port-a-chopper trailer (used to be called "trailer in a bag") that can be disassembled when you aren't using it.

trailrider71

hauling your bike

the best way to haul your bike w/o a trailer with a FWCamper on the back is a
versa haul carrier in your receiver hitch.cr brophy also makes a nice one that is cheaper.you can also use a brophy step w/a 12" extension so you can still get in and out of the camper w/o to much trouble.
sean
www.go-anywhere.us

RHINO

Expedition Leader
i carried my bike on the front of the old cruiser quite a few times, never noticed a problem with weight, or cooling. the cruisers lights are close together and the bike did get in the way of proper illumination, but i didnt drive much into the night so i didnt worry about it. the complaint i had was bugs on the bike when i got where i was going.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online