Front Runner 10g footwell water tank in an 80 series

alia176

Explorer
Hey fellas,

Have any of you mounted the above footwell tank in the second row of your 80? If so, I'd like some feedback on it. Are you able to move your front electric seats all the way to the rear w/o hitting the tank? Does the saddle tank pose any issues? I figured, once the water level drops 2" or so, you essentially have two five gal tanks with their own outlets. Please post up any pics if you got some.

In my 80, the second row seats are gone and a simple wooden platform spans the area and I think this tank will fit under the platform and stay secured. I'll keep an eye out for an used one until I get tired of looking and pay for a new one!

I know there are under the body water tank solutions but not sure if one can be had stateside for a decent coin. If you have any leads, please let me know. I really like the idea of keeping all the water weight as low as possible so I'm ignoring any solutions like the rear Q panel water bags, or any of the other Front Runner tanks.

I have a Helton H.E. under the hood and a spare Shurflo pump on the shelf. I was thinking of some ways to bring the two water hoses into the cab for heating up the water, only for showering purposes. If you have any clever solutions, please include a link. However, for most of my water needs, just using gravity fed water for washing dishes and faces is sufficient. On second thought, I could simply gravity feed about two gal of water into a collapsible container that I tend to carry (catching grey water or grabbing water from a creek for washing) and simply heat it up with my current Helton shower kit setup in order to keep things KISS. http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/helton.html

Footwell tank:
https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.c...-mounts/front-runner-footwell-water-tank.html

Thanks.

Ali

Last edited:

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
I have one, and it fit just fine in my 100 series, and still fits really well in my 2016 4Runner...you shouldn't have any issue with fitment in an 80 series.

-H-

alia176

Explorer
I have one, and it fit just fine in my 100 series, and still fits really well in my 2016 4Runner...you shouldn't have any issue with fitment in an 80 series.

-H-

Hey, thanks Andrew for the confirm. I figured as much but just wanted a little warm and fuzzy!

I'm off to find an used one on this board, may get lucky!

Cheers.

Dr Gil

Hey fellas,

Have any of you mounted the above footwell tank in the second row of your 80? If so, I'd like some feedback on it. Are you able to move your front electric seats all the way to the rear w/o hitting the tank? Does the saddle tank pose any issues? I figured, once the water level drops 2" or so, you essentially have two five gal tanks with their own outlets. Please post up any pics if you got some.

In my 80, the second row seats are gone and a simple wooden platform spans the area and I think this tank will fit under the platform and stay secured. I'll keep an eye out for an used one until I get tired of looking and pay for a new one!

I know there are under the body water tank solutions but not sure if one can be had stateside for a decent coin. If you have any leads, please let me know. I really like the idea of keeping all the water weight as low as possible so I'm ignoring any solutions like the rear Q panel water bags, or any of the other Front Runner tanks.

I have a Helton H.E. under the hood and a spare Shurflo pump on the shelf. I was thinking of some ways to bring the two water hoses into the cab for heating up the water, only for showering purposes. If you have any clever solutions, please include a link. However, for most of my water needs, just using gravity fed water for washing dishes and faces is sufficient. On second thought, I could simply gravity feed about two gal of water into a collapsible container that I tend to carry (catching grey water or grabbing water from a creek for washing) and simply heat it up with my current Helton shower kit setup in order to keep things KISS. http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/helton.html

Footwell tank:
https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.c...-mounts/front-runner-footwell-water-tank.html

Thanks.

Ali

I had one in my 80 with 2nd row seats taken out. What I didn't like about it is what you mentioned about the saddle. You lose so much water because half the water is on the other of the tank that you can't siphon out unless you tip the tank to get the water to the opposite side. In addition the saddle prevents you from having that much more water in your tank yet it takes up valuable space in your cab. I have a sleeping platform so I was unable to lift the tank on one side high enough to get the water to the other side. I'm sure there are work arounds, but convenience is high on the priority list.

Now I use an Eccotemp L5 with a Flojet pump. I hang the L5 from my roof rack and the hose goes right into some 6 gal Reliance tanks that I can easily get all the water out of them. I now have less space taken up, all water in tanks can be used without lifting them up or moving them, and actually more useable water per square inch taken up in my cab.

Last edited:

alia176

Explorer
I had one in my 80 with 2nd row seats taken out. What I didn't like about it is what you mentioned about the saddle. You lose so much water because half the water is on the other of the tank that you can't siphon out unless you tip the tank to get the water to the opposite side. In addition the saddle prevents you from having that much more water in your tank yet it takes up valuable space in your cab. I have a sleeping platform so I was unable to life the tank on one side high enough on one side to get the water to the other side. I'm sure there are work arounds, but convenience is high on the priority list.

Now I use an Eccotemp L5 with a Flojet pump. I hang the L5 from my roof rack and the hose goes right into some 6 gal Reliance tanks that I can easily get all the water out of them. I now have less space taken up, all water in tanks can be used without lifting them up or moving them, and actually more useable water per square inch taken up in my cab.

This is good feedback, thank you. If I were to pick up this tank, I'd simply have to use both outlets and I'm setup to do just that. I'd like to find a one handed controllable valve of some sort that are made for plastic tubes. The usual ball valves require both handed to operate them so I'll see what I can find.

alia176

Explorer
I got some feedback that others will find helpful. For starters, this tank does NOT work in the 80 if you move the seats all the way back. For those of you who are doing the Landtank seat bracket extensions, you can forget about this tank. Perhaps a shorter driver can accommodate this tank but I couldn't and I'm 5'10". The tank does fit sideways since it's a tad narrower in this dimension.

I'll look for a bladder for this space, similar to this: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/292376198277?ViewItem=&item=292376198277#shpCntId I don't have second row seats and made a platform to fill up that entire space so a bladder like this can live under it and well protected from abuse.

I've taken pics with the seat all the way forward and rearward.

The tank does fit nicely in the '034Runner and like stated already, in the 100 and probably 200 series as they have more space back there.

I'll put it up for sale locally.

Attachments

• 20180920_111351.jpg
    20180920_111351.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 36
  • 20180920_111337.jpg
    20180920_111337.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
  • 20180920_111334.jpg
    20180920_111334.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 30
  • 20180920_111306.jpg