Front Runner rack and accessories: Slimline II cargo roof rack, 4 Pro Bike Carriers, 1 Pro Surfboard + Paddleboard carrier

bothund

I ordered this rack for our 2017 Outback and used it on there, and it's great... but I didn't realize that the mounts Front Runner makes don't work with the lower rails on the Touring model we have. I adapted it to mount on some Thule crossbars, but it sticks up way too high for my liking and I'm going to go with something else. They mount and look great on regular Outbacks, just not the Touring trim!

This is incredibly solid and functional gear. The surfboard attachment is super fast and easy with the Stratch-it straps, and the bike mounts are the heaviest-duty I can even imagine. The bikes are really secure.

Rack currently has two bike racks and the surfboard rack installed. And a WaterPort mount which I'll throw in free if you can use it!

The rack itself: Slimline II cargo carrying roof rack 1156mm/45.5" long, full-size - $500

Includes the adapters needed to mount it to Thule bars, or really anything else you want to mount it to, they are pretty versatile: https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.c...aptor-plates-for-thule-slotted-load-bars.html

I don't have the adapters to mount it to the Outback, because I returned it, but you can order the right mounting kit for your vehicle from Front Runner. The rack itself is not specific to the Outback.

PRO SURFBOARD, WINDSURF & PADDLE BOARD CARRIER - $200

PRO BIKE CARRIER - I have 4, 3 have been used and one is brand-new never mounted. $350 each.

All four can fit at once, with bikes, on the rack.

I'll upload pictures later, but they are all in good shape with normal wear from a year's use.

Pickup in Fairfax, CA.

Might do partial trades for other gear, like a fridge.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles