Front runner rack on a snugtop?

tomesd

Observer
Figured i'd post this here too...I have been thinking about the Frontrunner racks for my tacoma and have a quick question. I want to install it on a Snugpro top with yakima rails- very low profile using the yak track themselves. I think this will work but am unable to find reassurance of this in my searches. Is there anyone with experience in these racks and their installation that could chime in?

Thanks!

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
No experience with Frontrunner racks, but I have been running Yak towers and bars on a couple of SnugTop trucks for 20 years with no real problems. One of those trucks had a big steel Con-Ferr rack on it for about 12 years before I upgraded to a bigger steel rack. Loads have been up to 1100 pounds (occasionally) with no damage to the fiberglass shells. If you go this way, get the Yak heavy duty 86" bars and cut to the length you need.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I know that Front runner used to make an adapter specifically to mount a Slimline II rack to non-Front Runner load bars. Here are a few parts that might solve your issue.

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/roof-racks/front-runner-inter-slat-bracket.html (This one looks like it could be mounted upside-down under the rack...then a U-bolt could be used to connect it to your load bars).

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.c...aptor-plates-for-thule-slotted-load-bars.html (I actually have and use these with my Thule Aeroblades)

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
Yak makes locking adapters that fit around their bars and allow you to mount pretty much anything you can think of, with or without the key-locking feature. Yak uses goofy names for their stuff, but I think these are called WrapArounds (or maybe not). Much cleaner installation than most u-bolt setups.

VanDominator13

Observer
Call frontrunner, they can point you in the right direction of where to get parts that will allow you to use their feet in your Yakima tracks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior