FrontRunner Prep Table Install: TBRA001

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
The TBRA001 is the smallest of the old style table sold by FrontRunner.

Product Dimensions:
L 1150mm (45.3") x W 550mm (21.7") x 28mm (1.1")
Height when opened:670mm (26.4")
Weighs approx. 9kg (18lb)

Product in this post:
  • Frontrunner TBRA001 Prep Table (getting very hard to find. Had to Call FrontRunner back in June 2019 to order, not on their site)
  • Frontrunner Table Mount
After getting the frontrunner brackets mounted on the bottom of the Garvin Wilderness rack, I needed to use the old system used by FrontRunner before they went to the fancy new latch (if someone wants to buy that new latch, let me know). The old method used an Anti-Luce. I was able to source an 8mm stainless version from the UK off eBay.
View attachment 575107

The additional piece needed for this is the Anti-Luce catch bracket for the table. To do this I used a piece of 1/8x1.5" Stainless. The bracket is through bolted to the tables 3/4" aluminum frame using 1/4" stainless flat head. Instead of having metal on metal contact, I oversized the hole and used a grommet as buffer between the Rack and the bracket, and between the bracket and the Anti-luce.

To make sure everything is tight I installed some bulb seal at the far end of the table rack track that compresses when the table is full inserted. Also, even though I noticed no movement or noise, I install so addition bulb seal not the bottom on the rack above the track on the last two inches in case the table wanted to bounce up on some nasty corrugated roads. Of course you can adjust the tension the track holds the table, but I'm overly caustious.

Overall, I am extremely happy and the ease and speed at which the table can be setup and deployed is worth all the hassle. Of course, now I need to take the protective wrap off....or, maybe I'll let it on until I use it a little more. Thinking of having a vinyl wrap installed when I wrap my RTT.

1584929165018.jpeg

Last edited:

Robert Bills

Explorer
Nice job.

Could you be so kind as to provide the link and/or seller info for the Anti-Luce fastener you are using.

I need one for a similar project, and also to convert the tailgate latches for my Bantam trailer. I have had no luck finding sources.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles