FS: 2006 LR3 fully outfitted - Immaculate condition: SoCal $21kobo

crystalclear

Observer
62F0D612-48AE-4172-9796-B19C2ED496B7.jpeg

LR3 with all the fixens. Needs NOTHING, ready for the trail and highway.

Truck is owned by a close personal friend of mine, all work done on it either by myself or Abran at Carrs4x4.

Would happily have it inspected by Abran before sale.

Price: $24k obo

more pics: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HzBmoeoprFyBjYyR4f0rce6DZwwvLL4U

Total Mileage: 153,100

Total work done less than 2500 miles ago:
Water Pump
Thermostat Housing Assembly
New Coolant Reservoir
New Engine Crankcase Vent Valve
New Both Front and Rear Upper and Lower Control Arms
New Left and Right Tie Rods

Everything Included:
Front Tactical 4x4 Steel Bumper with Winch
Rear 4x4 Steel Bumper Rear with Tire Carrier and Full Size Spare
Front Runner Roof Rack
Light System with Switches Installed
Air Suspension with Lift

crystalclear

Observer
bump - price adjustment 21k obo

we had a prepurchase inspection done which revealed some to-do items:

recently addressed:
- missing small bottom sump plate replaced
- all bulbs/flashers checked and replaced if needed
- winch wired/tested: quick disconnect via anderson plugs underhood

to be addressed before sale:
- front rotors and pads
- oil change (not necessary) but will be done to replace a leaking oil cooler gasket
- windshield cowl replacement

ABBB

PSI: I paid for the PPI (pre-purchase inspection).

Tech told me he wouldn’t want me driving it back to Oregon without new brakes and additional service done. And since he’s sharing what I paid him to report to me confidentially, I guess I might as well share that he said he sold a similar LR but in better condition a few months back for
14K.

With an asking price over 20K, long before posting this thing should have been thoroughly inspected and tidied up. Instead he’s got taillights out and cracked seals and disconnected winches and brakes that aren’t good enough for road use. Minor enough you might say but my impression from the inspection and discussions I had was that this thing has been sitting around for two years. I got taken for a ride thinking it has been loved on and was minty based on the price and post. I suppose the general lack of interest in this listing is indicative of how far outside the range this seller has priced his vehicle.

Prospective buyers beware.

Even after the latest drop this LR is 10K overpriced.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
long before posting this thing should have been thoroughly inspected and tidied up.

Agreed. And the now basically standard "Just needs a few minor things done that are super easy to fix" caveat to all ads is a good huge red flag to all potential buyers.

If the owner/seller cant be bothered to fix said minor super easy things to fix before sale, i question everything else about said vehicle and its history

crystalclear

Observer
everyone is free to state their opinion

items that need(ed) addressing are being dealt with - hard to know whats needed if (1) truck recently serviced and what needed fixing got fixed (2) when you go to get a service done (comprehensive at that), do people normally ask for a full pre-purchase level inspection? not normally

price has always been obo, and correct me if im mistaken, sellers typically will put a $Xobo in order to get the highest obo, not the $X price

if anyone believes this to be a $10k truck, please, i beg you, find me one of this fitment for $10k and ill buy it on the spot

Lucidless

Tech told me he wouldn’t want me driving it back to Oregon without new brakes and additional service done. And since he’s sharing what I paid him to report to me confidentially, I guess I might as well share that he said he sold a similar LR but in better condition a few months back for
14K.

With an asking price over 20K, long before posting this thing should have been thoroughly inspected and tidied up. Instead he’s got taillights out and cracked seals and disconnected winches and brakes that aren’t good enough for road use. Minor enough you might say but my impression from the inspection and discussions I had was that this thing has been sitting around for two years. I got taken for a ride thinking it has been loved on and was minty based on the price and post. I suppose the general lack of interest in this listing is indicative of how far outside the range this seller has priced his vehicle.

Sounds like you're upset based off your comment, if you want a no issues perfect truck buy a new 4runner, bud. Complete honesty, you're going to spend money on any used Land Rover. Heck indy Land Rover shops can take one fresh off the lot with under 1000 miles and spot $5,000 worth of items that need to be fixed. I wouldn't be too worried about brakes, and some rubber here or there. If you find one built like this with the interior not peeling expect to pay $15k+. If you find one like this for $10k and think the PPI was bad on this, your in for a shock when you get the $10k equivalent inspected haha.

ABBB

Sounds like you're upset based off your comment, if you want a no issues perfect truck buy a new 4runner, bud. Complete honesty, you're going to spend money on any used Land Rover. Heck indy Land Rover shops can take one fresh off the lot with under 1000 miles and spot $5,000 worth of items that need to be fixed. I wouldn't be too worried about brakes, and some rubber here or there. If you find one built like this with the interior not peeling expect to pay $15k+. If you find one like this for $10k and think the PPI was bad on this, your in for a shock when you get the $10k equivalent inspected haha.

That’s exactly right, “expect to spend $15K”. The PPI wasn’t bad on this, it did exactly what it was supposed to do. The irritation is in the fact that that seller had the nuts to NOT do his own PPI and pitch and price his LR as if he did and it came back clean enough to eat on. It’s all good though, the main industry in LA is sustained by delusions and fantasies, I shouldn’t be surprised the seller is coming from such a place.

For the record, my PPI did what it was supposed to, and precisely. People can and will pay what they want for anything, including this rig. I wouldn’t pay more than 15 for it and they told me off the bat they would have sold it to a friend for that amount already if they were willing to let it go at that price (I should have known at that point the friend was tipping me off). I have no ill will toward the seller but the info I gathered during my experience learning about this LR3 indicated that it is far overpriced TO ME. Someone else that collects or has more coin to burn may not see a problem.

Best of luck to all.

crystalclear

Observer
That’s exactly right, “expect to spend $15K”. The PPI wasn’t bad on this, it did exactly what it was supposed to do. The irritation is in the fact that that seller had the nuts to NOT do his own PPI and pitch and price his LR as if he did and it came back clean enough to eat on. It’s all good though, the main industry in LA is sustained by delusions and fantasies, I shouldn’t be surprised the seller is coming from such a place.

i typically never entertain posts like this, and perhaps you are attacking the character of the friend who owns this truck (or me, or both) - regardless, you dont know either of us, nor I you, and for that reason, i havent said a word to belittle who you are - but as i mentioned to you privately as well, therein lies the very freedom i think makes a forum great, outside of getting banned or having a thread locked or closed, we can all say as we wish

and @RAM5500 CAMPERTHING , the tern window worked out great on the campx

to that end - bump for the truck

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Negative comments in for sale ads here are against the terms of use and can get you banned. Please refrain from doing so. You can simply keep your opinions private and move on.

Thanks - Admin

Lucidless

For the record, my PPI did what it was supposed to, and precisely. People can and will pay what they want for anything, including this rig. I wouldn’t pay more than 15 for it and they told me off the bat they would have sold it to a friend for that amount already if they were willing to let it go at that price (I should have known at that point the friend was tipping me off). I have no ill will toward the seller but the info I gathered during my experience learning about this LR3 indicated that it is far overpriced TO ME. Someone else that collects or has more coin to burn may not see a problem.

Best of luck to all.
If this was far overpriced for you, why did you put yourself though the trouble of getting in touch with he owner and a PPI in the first place?

Last edited:

Apaden

14K.

PM sent to you. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz