FS; 2010 Ford E350 RB V10 cargo w/ rear HVAC; 2nd owner; CLEAN

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Few people appeared to be interested, but vanished...still available while it lasts!

another_mike

Adventurer
What’s the fuel economy on aV10? Is maintenance more costly? I’m very interested?
-Marshall

Hi Marshall,

I haven't logged it too closely in my ownership, but IIRC about 11-12mpg.
Maintenance costs are the gem of the 6.8L V10; SUPER reliable and MUCH lower maintenance/service costs than any of the diesels(7.3L or 6.0L PowerStrokeDiesel), whisper quiet too! Many members have 100,000-300,000 on their V10's and still running very strong. Basically change the oil/filter every 5k, air filter every 30k, 2yr brake fluid flush, that's it!

The 5.4L V8 is the only other very reliable choice, but nowhere near the power/torque/drivability of the V10 (if you were to 4x4 it, you'd definitely need to re-gear the heck out of the V8)...plus the 5.4L V8 is a 4spd(4R100/4R75W/4R75E in van's) vs the V10's 5spd(5R110); 5spd is so much nicer shifting, easier to drive, with an overdrive on/off(tow/haul mode of sorts) button on the shifter selector.

LMK if you have further questions,
Jeremy

I have an 06 regular body V10 and prior to my 4x4 conversion I was getting about 13.5 mpg on highway. I track every gallon of gas and mileage with an app. After conversion? About 10 mpg

The great thing about these V10’s is starting in about 2004 they got the updated heads so they no longer had the issue with not enough threads and the spark plugs blowing out but they also got the 5R110 transmission which allows easy tail housing replacement for 4x4. Vans never got the 3 valve heads so the spark plug breaking issue also wasn’t applicable.

Currently 147,000 on my van.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
For what it’s worth I regularly got 12mpg with my 2011 e350 v10 with 6” Ujoint setup, 35s and 4.56 gears. Tuned with fairly aggressive driving. Much lower maintenance than the heavy diesels with similar fuel mileage.

The 5 speed trans is great and makes installing a transfer case an easy driveway conversion vs having to send a 4 speed into a transmission shop.

Something happened to my account and I had to re-authenticate...
Anyway, PM replied.... Someone hurry and put me out of my misery...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke