FS: 3rd Gen 4runner Whitson Metal Works Full length Roof rack - $800 - SoCal

twitchee2

SOLD

Hey all, I took my WMW rack off my 2002 4runner about 1.5yrs ago and haven't used it since so it is time to go. I am actually sad to see this thing go because they are not available anymore. It is an unbelievable rack, so easy to tie all of your gear down and looks great.

Overall it is in good condition. Full disclosure - It was damaged in shipping to me originally so one of the tube has a small bend in it, kind of is what is it is. It does not effect anything and you have to look for it.

Asking $800 for the rack, $850/w LED bar.
Located in Camarillo, CA

It is painted Rustoleum hammered black, could probably use a refresh.
It has been modified to hold a 30inch straight LED bar and a 40inch curved LED bar. - 30" Totron bar can be included for an extra $50
I also have tabs on the rear for a whip flag and LED cubes - included
I modified my factory cross rails to mount to the expanded metal so I can still use my ski racks. - If you have your factory cross bars, I would love to take those from you as part of the deal.
I have all the original mounting hardware

Pics in my build thread on T4R.org: Twitchee2 Build Thread

Last edited:

bikerjosh

Explorer
These are truly awesome racks, had one on my 98 4runner. Nice low profile and sturdy design. Sorry to hear they are made anymore, 3rd gen enthusiast builder fabricated them.
GLWS

twitchee2

Yes I agree - super awesome and low profile. From what I read he got shut down due to patent infringement issues with one of the big roof rack companies but it is just speculation on my part.

I was super busy this weekend but I got a chance this morning to lower it from hanging in the garage. I also have a hoist which makes it really easy to mount up.

Here are a bunch of pictures:
ScJmm4dh.jpg

LFlfkIVh.jpg

zALp13Gh.jpg

NzOapclh.jpg

FhG7Ckwh.jpg

eQXDhMP.jpg

CVxYuQ4.jpg

Here is where it was damaged in shipping to me originally - It is what it is, you could cut it out and splice in a new piece but that seemed like way to much work to remove a minor dent.
3B0IrCq.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles