FS: Can-Back for 1st Gen Tacoma

NothingClever

Explorer
SOLD***SOLD***SOLD

ITEM: 2008 Can-Back canopy for a 1st Generation Toyota Tacoma ExtraCab or Standard Cab

FEATURES:

- OEM 3d brake light with in-line fuse.
- Ability to open the tailgate without raising the back flap.
- Ability to roll the sides up in any configuration (sides only, back only, sides and back, one side, all four sides) and secure the 'walls' with the OEM strap and Fastex buckle system.
- Two load bars will confidently handle an RTT with two average adults.

CONDITION: Canvas and SS frame and all hardware are excellent. Both windows are scratch-free (always used Plexus and nothing else) and supple. All hardware is completely servicable (meaning there aren't any stripped bolts, etc). The load bar risers have some slight surface rust which comes from the bare metal where they were drilled at the factory. The load bars themselves are chromed and the rubber caps are supple (no dry-rot). All stitching is in excellent condition. Sunbrella coating on the inside of the canvas is excellent with no thin spots.

MODIFICATIONS: Drilled two neat holes in the back two load bars for an RTT.

HISTORICAL COST: Purchased new from Can-Back in 2008 for $1700. Current cost for the same product is $1200 for the Can-Back and then $300 for each set of two load bars. So, new from Can-Back, this would cost you $1,800 + another $95 for shipping.

SELLING COST: I'm asking $1000 for a couple of reasons....1) It's already assembled and the Can-Back is a bit of a chore to put together, 2) it has four load bars which are already installed giving you flexibility for a RTT and a roof basket configuration and 3) it's in excellent shape.

REASON FOR SALE: Bought a FWC Fleet pop-up camper.

DELIVERY: Local pick up would be ideal. I'm on leave for two weeks and then packing up the house before I leave the country for a year so my time is at a premium right now. Shipping will be tough but doable if you pick up the cost.

IMGP1397.jpg

IMGP1399.jpg

IMGP1404.jpg

IMGP1398.jpg

IMGP1412.jpg

IMGP1401.jpg

IMGP1403.jpg

IMGP1402.jpg

IMGP1411.jpg

IMGP1410.jpg

Last edited:

blatant

Adventurer
bump b/c canbak's are the original no sh it deal. Softtoppers and bestop, while good, cool, and practical take a back seat. Canback, especially with the load bars that handle weight, are awesome. Which is why they are alot more expensive, but this isn't a cheap sport really.

Actually allows you to accommodate alot more weight as canvas and bars don't really weight that much.

wish it would fit the new ones...

Last edited:

NothingClever

Explorer
Ttt...c'mon, folks - nobody could get one of these fast enough a few years ago when Wil started sporting one :smiley_drive: .

(Picture below shamelessly and selfishly lifted from the www.sierraexpeditions.com website which I imagine violates some kind of copyright law but I don't care because I'm trying to sell my Can-Back and Wil's a lover not a hater :elkgrin: )

Wil.jpg

NothingClever

Explorer
Never fear, Can-Back fans....I'll be back in a year to offer y'all this amazing deal once again :victory: .

In the meantime, the Can-Back will be in the garage out of the weather :coffee: .

NothingClever

Explorer
Sorry I haven't checked in lately but never fear - the Can-Back is sitting in a temperature controlled garage on a set of sawhorses.

I'll be back in August '11 if i don't get nuked by a pressure-plate surprise gift package from Tommy Taliban :smiley_drive: .

Willman

Ttt...c'mon, folks - nobody could get one of these fast enough a few years ago when Wil started sporting one :smiley_drive: .

(Picture below shamelessly and selfishly lifted from the www.sierraexpeditions.com website which I imagine violates some kind of copyright law but I don't care because I'm trying to sell my Can-Back and Wil's a lover not a hater :elkgrin: )

Wil.jpg

Happy to help! I took the shot!

Good luck with the sale!

:ylsmoke:

Last edited:

NothingClever

Explorer
Just a reminder...this modern-day set of Conestoga bows and tarp will be for sale this coming summer when I get back to the US.

It's still in my garage on a set of sawhorses awaiting its new wagon.

Give in to your pioneer spirit :REOutCampFire03:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94