FS Custom 1992 Coleman Off Road Converted Pop Up (SoCal)

samsterman99

There is more work to this popup than is shown in the photos, please message me for more details and I am happy to talk over the phone about this build:

1992 Coleman Roanoke pop up 8' Box, 2 full beds, bench seat that converts to small bed.

Price: $7800

Mechanical:
Custom 3500 LB narrowed axle, springs, shocks, and HD spring/shackle mounts
HD 2" ball tongue welded on (never had an issue, I used to have a articulating coupler on this, and the ball works better and has never come loose even through very technical trails)
2" receiver hitch welded to rear bumper for bike rack
5 month old (1000 miles) on 2 new general grabber tires on 15" wheels, with spare trailer tire underneath frame.
Has mounting system for Honda 1000/2000 generator(not included) on tongue

Electrical:
Xantrax freedom 2000W inverter/ battery charger installed to provide instant switching from generator power to battery backup on 120v (awesome for TV or Satellite where you want power to be maintained during changeover)
150W mono-crystalline solar panel on roof with PWM conveter
2x group 29 batteries mounted (these run the camper and a fridge for 5 days without solar or shore power), with solar panel you can keep 100% charge indefinitely
2 120V outlets
2 12v outlets
2 USB plugs

Water System:
20+ gallon tank added under camper
Plumed to electrical on demand pump and faucet for sink, can still hook up to city water via external connection or add outside shower with T fitting

MISC:
AC unit included and has a pre-cut mounting hole on the drivers side which can be removed for travel and winter trips, aluminum hinged cover with weatherstripping used to cover when not in place. AC runs with Honda 2000eu generator
All flooring redone with vinyl wood floor.
Camper was torn down to frame, insulated and rebuilt
Camper fabric was cleaned and waterproofed
Interior upholstery redone (seen in photos)
New thick foam mattress on rear bed (very comfortable, high density foam)
cabinets repainted
Top roof dis-assembled and wood replaced on end caps, new sealant and adhesive used for rebuild
Awning on passenger side
2 burner stove, plumed to 20LB propane tank (included)
High pressure propane line (with 1 Lb tank adapter) added to tank which can be used to power Mr. Buddy heater, or used for propane grill.

Areas that are not "pretty": the passenger rear roof corner, as the fit and finish could be better. Same goes for the Al cover on the AC panel. Paint on some interior surface has been scuffed, I am happy to touch these areas up. These are cosmetic and this camper was meant to be enjoyed. Mechanically there are no issues.
I am forgetting a lot of stuff, but this camper has been perfect. I towed it from NC to CA, and not a single issue. It is lightweight, and is super comfortable when you get to camp.

I have towed it easily over 250 off road miles and have not had a single issue through the CA desert, NC beaches, and mountain trails. I would NOT recommend you buy this looking to hit the Mojave road at 30+ MPH each month. It is still a leaf sprung camper that can be damaged by excessive abuse (its not an ultra 4 rig).

Pics:

Last edited: