FS: OBS Ford F350 Regular Cab Long Bed 4x4 w/ 460 Gas

RenoRacing

Observer
I know there is a little love for the older Fords on this forum, so I figured it was worth posting this up to cast a bit broader of a net, as I only have it listed locally on Craigslist... This thing is just reliable, and bulletproof. While not the most fuel efficient, it'll get you there, while carrying whatever you can fit in it.

One of the "good ole' ones"... Picked this up a few years ago from the original owner in Reno, with only ~110k miles on it, to fill our light towing duties(horse trailer, utility trailer). Since then its done a ton of work for us around the homestead, but we've since "upgraded" to a newer one. Within the last year over $9k has been invested, so I'm largely looking to recoup those funds.

1992 F-350 XLT
Power everything: windows, locks, mirrors, seat back, cruise control
4x4 w/ manual locking front hubs and floor mounted transfer case selector
7.5L 460ci V8 Engine
8' Caravan Camper Shell with Custom Lumber Rack(easily hauls 500lbs+, and 20' materials)
Brand new Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 285/75r16 Tires on Vision 16x8 Wheels
Fully Rebuilt E4OD Transmission(rebuilt in May by Arrow Automotive w/ less than 2k miles on it, 2 year warranty)
New Cloyes Timing Chain and Gear Set, Water Pump, Cover, etc (done last year at 124k miles, by Greg's Garage Reno)
Brand new Skyjacker Shocks and Steering Stabilizer
New Starter
New Headlight Switch and Harness
Trailer brake controller
Super clean interior that all functions
Dual fuel tanks

Flaws/Needs:
-Paint is faded and chipping on some spots. Typical little dings and scratches to be expected on a 30 year old truck.
-Front brake rotors could handle being turned. Upon hard braking from highway speeds you'll get a few seconds of shutter.
-Overdrive "button" on the end of the steering column shifter is loose, although it still functions fine...
-Driver's side door is sticky to open from the inside. Lever and cables have been replaced, but didn't completely fix it. Requires a quick little nudge to open it from inside.
-The check engine light will flick on for a minute or two on a really rough dirt road. It's never stayed on long enough for me to scan it, so I'm assuming its just something wiggling loose momentarily. This happens a few times a year, but just to be transparent.
-The temp gauge never gets above about 1/4 of the way to hot. Perhaps a lower temperature thermostat was put in when they replaced it during the work at Greg's garage or it just runs cool with the large radiator and fan. Heater still works fine.
-AC system needs to be recharged.
-Stereo is missing the plastic knob.

SOLD

00C0C_km28sPY9gEwz_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg
00l0l_iMf2jScruxtz_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg
00n0n_lgpy2LXKrbOz_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg
00Y0Y_16rXGRcuEEZz_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg
00u0u_jAsPiLnrWTNz_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg

Last edited:

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
That's a great buy! I had a gas gobbling '86 carb'd. EFI transformed that truck. The Caravan campers will survive an atomic blast.

RenoRacing

Observer
I haven't tracked it too closely, but I imagine its possible to get close to 200mi out of each tank(19gal front, 18gal rear) so I'd estimate 350-400 miles is doable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94