FS on BaT: 2000 silver Europa w463 G500

NAw463

I am selling my 2000 Mercedes Benz Europa G500 on Bring a Trailer in the next few days. I wanted to put this ad up here first so any forum members who had questions could feel free to PM and ask me before the sale. I will update this post with the BaT link once it’s live.

TpRJ9KxZtkWqpy54XvKUa6N-yoEaADvF_vC_HedJrNW1q15670In1GjsBaafRpNdBk7gMIjMJ7Yd1w5ZOXyszTCKqJPlDqTeDPl1tRqkKxOE9JWjz1DW0hLLngNa371z-XONSnlLxioG_qAdgG43nL5_p_2gLusK9lnXgh5gz2myOv989q-92Lf9DoAL1cwRkyKxUasnkK06sAOzWSdG64Te_rZ0xncrTzwOSnzGrEiFTQdfr1b49JHVv220ceMbPaCjTEmFHUX_QzIdWG6HMikX-an0j2t_uG_lrzU--ZuApyqTbJZwk98j1rnO8f9LugmGhL5XK_pO4_JhY-BWj_Wbq73SOPpK4vGjXJriArzDiqPsymQk0HMTaxGUBwlisH7Z-OqpjIA_5Kv4cWRa1WF3Q3MZcGzb79pjEquX0c59aPkKhBj52ATyMRHWVhB0lnHC9S3Xaspmj4bxZb2JIlkGk5QPEY5mBvqw3_BxTfKdHCWlt9CiHVhq3SkT05_HLNfcfpxYoYA11Du9lC4paWIoW4MByWJz0UTaOUomUVcLxHHpRoZ9E8z6ZSdJ1pL1kL2iVVOqA8O98jdGwGSoOiK3kSiEuB__izgYySx8kJUTzQWqF1DmkusTX8l4Smq1Zy8HR0MbaP5UXq1c-ZhT44U6lzndSxRwFbLol4eA8YAMJUm3GimggpqV2QZbXd1MhGt72LvfBTQdYakzvgo=w2520-h1676-no

Yr58C_5XWbg52-QSJB4cWSXsAanq69LJv4jWjSJ5Ue0c77Vv4BSZegnNEGzKuqdP7o0VuVAr_01-hP4Jrb1c8eL8T7UlPjL5pATt5my8tB8lAquIJiKyfb9dgcEui09wDPhAL2YW-7xQQO2O9gx0IKsbNZlUH63_VZS0PBcKYq_exOs2RrVXA22NpysWO1l-6cxchKJfn6dqQAhtDOEi5KFo4da4OH50YhmRBwtibcIiAus4SaM2GVlQQmUFGY9V6M5PDWzwoKBY98WRRUODAqvEK1R5QGG95ZX7AlQEbglKhztrrf6YRDiwxE7wzSR3JBpxNF7ll1tGWSQ0YU5uYktxx2s88rN0DskkEd_bmC10hIk_1D9lPdkl6F_FW5S2F_LiWcoLvm9NZ-fHRbnXCpnscD5Zt6QfAbOGVJGyPyBemP3m4iFzVZuP6zZvkAytb7bUdKypef5XZzwhUjf0lTJCYXkST4DHb-VBTV-yLkVkz4q7GmGAzUYVfrEMTVMaMOxM-W9YwraaeNTkojvOE_GuvbWHdkowPXndjdic8JtxOamXQhpk27vcXTxo8Y5nCkVG62JG9n6DISlb8c5ZuCxnrqFzig4hcYhoWvAy6DDos8xcm-exG6RWS2949Q94mvqbA5jKtxmd6Se8dnIGgK0Ss3XTs4RPYV4S0meYUIIS-Dfp741hmReT6KHDWnNCxbXsEnejo37m0DtI6hI=w2520-h1676-no

Bottom line: this is a relatively unmolested example which has been carefully maintained, but cosmetically unrestored. This is from a private owner, not a dealer who has put this through three touch up pens before putting it up for sale. The car runs perfectly, sounds great, and there is zero paintwork on the car.

There are over a hundred photos to help here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wSrpAcpJjpzXCVs1A

The truck was originally, imported by Europa G Wagen LLC in Santa Fe, New Mexico and sold to an owner in New Mexico. In 2003, it was sold to the gentleman I purchased it from, also in Tennesee. I am thus the third enthousiast owner, having purchased it from the second owner in 2011 with 152k miles, and since then have put on another 71k miles; it now shows 223k. It has been registered in Connecticut since 2011, but spent most of it’s time in Banff, Alberta as my overlanding truck. It has seen 34 states, 7 provinces, and both coasts. It has been maintained to always bring me home; and it always has. I am selling as I have two of these exact same cars, I no longer have a house in Banff, and my wife is sensible. I have maintained digital records of all services performed on the car while it was in my care. This car has been used, but I would not hesitate to get in it tomorrow and drive anywhere.

If you don’t know why the 2000 Europa G500 is the best example of the G wagon made (until that Landaulet falconing one :) ) have yourself a good Google. This is the pinnacle of Benz engineering.

The truck is silver on grey leather and completely stock with the exception of:
* When the truck needed a new exhaust in 2015, I had a custom stainless racing exhaust built with a Borla muffler. The replacement exhaust from MB was not stainless and that bothered me.
* Old Man Emu/Arb shocks were installed 9/2014 as they’re just so much better than stock.
* I replaced the stock wheels with 2004 AMG rims. However, if you would rather have the stock rims, I will happily switch them out, please see below!
* I have performed the necessary ignition tumbler surgery on the car, a common fault of the year.

The car comes with the original radio head unit. It is not hooked up, as I’ve been running aftermarket for the past few years, but it was important to me that the car was sold with it.

The truck was equipped by Europa with the following optional equipment:
* front brush guard
* front turn signal guards
* full rubber floor mat set
* Europa running boards (much better than the later MBUSA ones - but I suppose the same could be said for everything on this truck)
* front license plate holder (not installed, but included)

The truck also comes with:
* key fob and a credit card size emergency key
* original window sticker
* all manuals (including radio code and Russ’s business card!)
* original first aid kit
* printed and bound workshop manuals that came with the car
* three custom rubber plugs if you wish to remove the rear spare

Here’s some fun: you get your choice of wheels! It is currently running 2004 G55 AMG wheels and Toyo Open Country A/T 285 60R/18 tires with 9/32” of tread. The truck was originally offered with a choice of 18” Ashtaroth rims, OR 16” ATIK rims. If you’d rather have either of these, I will swap them in for free (but you’ll have to buy 16” tires if you want the ATIKs).

Here is absolutely everything wrong with the car:
* Typical external wear for a car of this age; some rust underneath, some stone chips on the front, small door ding, passenger mirror has a scuff, there are some scuffs on the roof from running a rack. All imperfections have been documented fully in photographs.
* Half dollar sized chip in the front passenger plastic wheel arch - this was a garage mishap (not this guy) from 2013. I took the plastic bumper guards off with this, as they do nothing. They come with the sale, one has the tabs broke off.
* Window tint has some scratches inside.
* Driver’s side mirror holder paint has oxidized and flaked off. It needs to be painted, but, again, I didn’t want to paint anything for the new owner. (Hint - paint it black like these used to be)
* In cold temperatures, some of the automatic locks stick, they could be greased.
* Logo door side sills do not light. I thought they were tacky to beginning, but if you’d like to fix the regulator: https://www.benzworld.org/forums/g-class/1534362-illuminated-door-sill-light-problem-solution.html
* Scuff on passenger rear plastic bumper. Could easily be painted, but as I said; no paint work on the car.
* Rear window wiper is not working
* Small (dime sized) chip in black plastic trip above the running boards.
* The car was shipped with clear rubber rear wheel arch protectors. They have yellowed and cracked, but I’ve left them on for originality.

In summary; this car has been driven by enthousiasts since it was purchased. The new owner will want to do some cosmetic work on it when they get it, but they are getting a very honest car on which to do so.

Happycoop

Observer
I'm not that familiar with BaT, is there a starting price for it, or does it start extremely low and then just climb as bids come in? I assume this means it's only for sale via BaT and not on the forum?

zip

I prefer social distancing.
After my post was deleted, I got a private message that just read auction.
????

NAw463

I appreciate you guys policing the forums, but this is an auction, so there is nothing prohibiting me from posting it here.

The price is whatever it goes for, there is no reserve.

Texas Aggie

Observer
I appreciate you guys policing the forums, but this is an auction, so there is nothing prohibiting me from posting it here.

The price is whatever it goes for, there is no reserve.

The only thing prohibiting you from posting it here are the rules established by the forum operators, as outlined in the sticky at the top of this section.
https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/forum-rules-read-before-posting.75/
"3. Must include a complete description of the item, including the asking price."

You can try leaving it up without a price, but I'm guessing it's gone once a moderator wakes up from their T-day food coma.

zip

I prefer social distancing.
The only thing prohibiting you from posting it here are the rules established by the forum operators, as outlined in the sticky at the top of this section.
https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/forum-rules-read-before-posting.75/
"3. Must include a complete description of the item, including the asking price."

You can try leaving it up without a price, but I'm guessing it's gone once a moderator wakes up from their T-day food coma.

Moderator’s already appear to be involved when I first asked about price and then my post was deleted.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
It has been decided that this post will stand as an auction notification - rather than a "for sale" post. Carry on.

SwimBikeRunPDX

I bid earlier, but before I bid again, looking ar the door sil photo of the front passenger side, I looks as thiugh there’s rust, or is it dirty?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94