SOLD FS: Reno, NV. AluCab Expedition III tent, Shadow Awn, Wall Kit.

lawdot74

-SOLD-

Located in Reno, NV.

Alu-Cab Expedition III Roof Top Tent. Bought New July 2018. Installed August 2018 on Rhino Rack Rails atop a fiberglass shell. It has remained on the truck since. The truck is garaged at home and at work. The tent includes the original ladder (unused), collapsible ladder, cold weather insulation kit (never installed) and passenger side Shadow-Awn complete with legs and walls. I partially installed LED lighting under the awning that includes low temp white and RGB LEDs.

The tent arrived with a 3" scratch that must have occurred before packaging as the box was in perfect condition. The seller/dealer assured me the he would compensate me for the issue, but never did.

The truck, since tent and awning installation, has seen little overlanding hence the decision to sell. I love this tent, but… my wife and kids do not enjoy overlanding as much as I so in compromise we bought a toy hauler for the ATVs/UTVs which they do enjoy immensely.

I estimate less than ten nights in the tent. No pets, smoking, food or shoes in the tent. Mattress covered from day one with 1.5” topper and zippered cover (included). I have kept a desiccant material in the tent since new.

Cost at time of purchase mid 2018 (not including shipping):
Expedition III Roof Top Tent: $4000
Shadow-Awn: $1500
Shadow-Awn Wall Kit: $895
Insulation Kit: $500
1450mm Cross Bar Kit: $200
40mm Front Runner Foot Sets: $115
Collapsable ladder: $90
Total: $7300

Asking $5200 cash for the whole set. Will consider selling and shipping the wall and insulation kits separately. Local pick-up of tent and awning.

Thank you for considering.

Last edited:

lawdot74

Price lowered to $5200.

Will consider selling the wall kit (installed once to test fit) and insulation kit (never installed), separately.

Wall kit, passenger side: $675 plus shipping
Insulation Kit: $375 plus shipping

If these sell separately I will lower the package price accordingly

If you change your mind on separating, I'm interested in the awning. GLWS.

Given the awning is mounted to the tent already it's pretty much married to it as removing the brackets leaves holes in the body of the tent.

Thanks for looking!

ccahoon

what did you do to reinforce the fiberglass canopy to mount such a heavy tent up there? i have the same RTT but have had on truck rack, having trouble finding a canopy with enough structural support. i can find fiberglass ones that fit my truck but I'm worried about strength. what did you do?

lawdot74

I bought a commercial grade Snugtop, the SnugPro. It’s designed to handle the extra weight.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles