Fuso 4x4 Camper For Family (looking for suggestions)

Butch1979

Family Adventurer
My only advice is: DO NOT buy a 2012 or newer Fuso FG!

Interesting. I've read some opinions on functionality of the vehicle in hard core off-road situations, but what other concerns do you have? I kind of like a newer Fuso with a warranty and low miles.

Happy New Year!

Butch

KMG

Adventurer
I suggusted not buying a 2012 or newer Fuso FG because of issues with ULSD, DEF, and the Duonic Transmission.

Last edited:

Butch1979

Family Adventurer
FUSO LIFE!

We are now in possession of a Phoenix Pop up Camper FUSO PHX-FG! We are crazy excited to get out and explore. More pics and full details on the build are forthcoming.

IMG_5239.JPG

IMG_5266.JPG

IMG_5267.JPG

Butch1979

Family Adventurer
Congrats! Was this their demo truck or a fresh build?

The demo truck. Super nice folks. We were considering a ton of options, and this rig was right down the road from us. As with any new rig, there are always little things you would like tweak, but overall, we were really lucky to snag a unit up that has incredible build quality and fits our requirements. Rob is going to cut a pass through for us and fab up a creative method of carrying our arsenal of bikes.

Cheers

Butch

Cummins_expo

Adventurer
Congrats ! Love the new digs. We have been settling into full timing in Scotty.. We will be in CO come summer, would love to meetup with you guys.

-Jim

Deshet

Adventurer
Seems like there is quite a market for this magical vehicle. Myself spent the many hours looking for the perfect vehicle. I settled for a 1990 Mercedes 917 truck. I was to take mine through Mexico and South America so new Fuso's and other diesels were out. I was able to purchase one overseas and import it for 20k less than buying a new Fuso. Im putting an XPCamper Cube on the back which costs about $550 per square foot. Im hoping for my final build price to be about the same as a Sportsmobile, but with way more room.

Wow $550 a square foot. These guys taking advantage of niche market. I just bought an LMTV and want to convert it into a beast RV. No way that a truck mounted box should cost more then many new boats with hand laid fiberglass or a 40' cummins diesel powered RV. I am trying to figure what controls the pricing. These are basically ambulance boxes with customs RV interiors. I don't see how the cost can get so high. The construction on some of these seem similar enough to low end travel trailers that will leak just being parked on uneven surfaces. I am trying to wrap my head around how a box can cost over 100k.

Thanks,

Last edited:

Ramdough

Adventurer
The demo truck. Super nice folks. We were considering a ton of options, and this rig was right down the road from us. As with any new rig, there are always little things you would like tweak, but overall, we were really lucky to snag a unit up that has incredible build quality and fits our requirements. Rob is going to cut a pass through for us and fab up a creative method of carrying our arsenal of bikes.

Cheers

Butch

More pictures please! I would love to see the mods and interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94