fuso 4x4 rebuild

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Stu's logic is sound.
That is pretty much the way a buffer and recuperator work on artillery pieces. You are building a tank, aren't you??? :)

alan

Explorer
well actually i did tell them that! but they both work with me and know me to well so it did'nt stick!

alan

Explorer

All the back brakes are done, just about to fit the new rear wheel bearings and fit the hub and drum assembly..
Got the engine block back from the machine shop yesterday, cleaned it and run a tap throught every bolt to clean the threads, this makes assembly so much easier, with no surprises.

ben2go

Adventurer
I think those tall lift blocks will cause issues with axle wrap under hard acceleration.It will probably also cause issue with bounce when a wheel starts to spin.I had a bad accident because the lift blocks cause axle wrap with led to wheel hop and ultimately laid the truck on it's side and sent the axle flying.Luckily no one was injured and no other vehicles were involved.

DSCF7187_zps511d0274.jpg

alan

Explorer
At this stage i will see what it drives like, if i'm not happy with it i can easily change it and also set the height more accurately.

I think those tall lift blocks will cause issues with axle wrap under hard acceleration.It will probably also cause issue with bounce when a wheel starts to spin.I had a bad accident because the lift blocks cause axle wrap with led to wheel hop and ultimately laid the truck on it's side and sent the axle flying.Luckily no one was injured and no other vehicles were involved.

DSCF7187_zps511d0274.jpg

ben2go

Adventurer
At this stage i will see what it drives like, if i'm not happy with it i can easily change it and also set the height more accurately.

I think the shocks being mounted out board of the axle tube may help dampen some of the axle wrap.My shocks were mounted parallel and mounted on a perch directly over the axle center line.

alan

Explorer

A little more progress the bottom end of the motor is all together, the internals have all been deburred and balanced.
Back drums and wheel bearings are on.

alan

Explorer
the block will be painted with the transmission bolted on, so i can paint the whole lot in one go! probably a nice beige color:)

alan

Explorer
It does work well!!:smiley_drive:
How are you Stu? i sent another set of wheels your direction today, so more bling in Perth.

blackduck

Explorer
It does work well!!:smiley_drive:
How are you Stu? i sent another set of wheels your direction today, so more bling in Perth.

would that be the guy who waited by my truck till I turned up?

Im good alan Ive been busy building a camper trailer to go behind the bike
painted tent on (3).jpgpainted tent on (5).jpg
its not quite on theme but its been a fun little project
I start on the truck again soon
been promising myself some parabolics and I feel the need to re design the cab layout
just got to hide some money away from the wife :wings:

alan

Explorer
Look's good Stu! my brother just bought a new bike after destroying his BMW, a KTM 1190 only a 150HP crazy!

would that be the guy who waited by my truck till I turned up?

Im good alan Ive been busy building a camper trailer to go behind the bike
View attachment 187323View attachment 187324
its not quite on theme but its been a fun little project
I start on the truck again soon
been promising myself some parabolics and I feel the need to re design the cab layout
just got to hide some money away from the wife :wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier