fuso 4x4 rebuild

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Hi Alan......sorry for not getting back sooner re: SEMA. Unfortunately I won't make this time but my boss will definitely be there and should be with ATW USA / SMB for part of the time. Please drop in and say gidday if you see him. I just have too much on at the moment getting vehicles out before Christmas.....and will have to plan for OvEx next May.

Kind regards
John.

blackduck

Explorer
Alan - FYI - I found a WA spring place that does parabolics for the Canter (for mining) at very competitive cost (www.westraliasprings.com.au) Regards Steve

I talked to them today
good prices but they only do fronts
the mining industry obviously doesn't want to mess up stock load capacities
so there is no demand for rears
not sure if they will have the same wow factor as the ATW sets either
plus they wont be available till next year
but that's ok I contacted ATW mark in 2009 before their parabolics were even made and im still trying to send them my money
bloody women keeping an eye on the bank account

alan

Explorer

the engine is just about complete with reco pump and injectors, the gearbox is done which was in good condition considering everything else was buggered, just replace the main bearing races with h/duty bearings, these have more balls so can cope with greater loads, the transfercase is dismantle this also is ok but with fit the h/duty bearings as well.

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Looking good Alan.

That rocker cover would look ok polished......add some bling to match the wheels.

Sump looks very cool too..... I must have missed that page along the way. Actually had to buy a new one this week for an 84..... You know they want $900 Trade for them!!! Looks like it would be more fun building one like yours.

Regards
John

alan

Explorer
The sump had a welded patch on it, so i decided to have a play with it, i figured a new one would be telephone numbers, and it should hold about 1.5 more litres of oil.

Oilburner

Adventurer
Alan, do you have any specs for injection timing for this engine? Mine has a later pump with electronic timing control and I have been timing it with a pulse adapter, would be nice to know what it's set at for other machines.

alan

Explorer
Alan, do you have any specs for injection timing for this engine? Mine has a later pump with electronic timing control and I have been timing it with a pulse adapter, would be nice to know what it's set at for other machines.

Is yours an inline pump or a rotary pump?

Oilburner

Adventurer
It's an inline pump similar to yours but has an electronic actuator on the front of it that alters timing. TICS is the acronym. I have it set at about 10 BTDC at operating speeds.

alan

Explorer

Fitted the exedy h/duty clutch, bolted it all together and painted it last night, today fitted the assembly into the chassis all looking good so far! off the SEMA tomorrow!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles