FUSO meet and greet.

GR8ADV

Explorer
If we were to have a fuso party, what time of year would be best and where should we have it? Should we start by piggy backing on another event or...?

IGBT

Observer
Isuzu not invited?

We are putting the finishing touches on our camper and garage pod and plan to go to the NW overland rally in Plain, WA this summer but I would love to see some of your builds before then.

westyss

Explorer
Piggy back onto the Northwest Rally, At last count we had 6 fuso campers in the Vancouver lower mainland area along with a few more in Washington, none of these will go all the way across the world to Flagstaff! There were only two of us there last year, me and Pugsly.

GR8ADV

Explorer
Piggy back onto the Northwest Rally, At last count we had 6 fuso campers in the Vancouver lower mainland area along with a few more in Washington, none of these will go all the way across the world to Flagstaff! There were only two of us there last year, me and Pugsly.

I am liking this. It would be great to see the builds and most excellent to compare things like suspensions and transmissions new to old.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
The NW Rally sounds good to me also (2002 FG).
I'd be heading up from Southern Oregon if anyone wants to 'convoy'.

Is this the rally you all are talking about?
http://www.nwoverlandrally.com/
"June 25-28 2015 Plain WA, just 2 hours from Seattle, in the beautiful Cascade Mountains"

GR8ADV

Explorer
The NW Rally sounds good to me also (2002 FG).
I'd be heading up from Southern Oregon if anyone wants to 'convoy'.

Is this the rally you all are talking about?
http://www.nwoverlandrally.com/
"June 25-28 2015 Plain WA, just 2 hours from Seattle, in the beautiful Cascade Mountains"

That's the one. Maybe swing by and pick up ATW with their Alpha Camper (Fresno) and EC (Bend) along the way.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
So maybe we should start a list of those Light/Medium/Heavy Japanese Trucks that plan to attend the Northwest Overland Rally and travels route for convoys?

I'll start and update this posting as others add in.

Portal ID...............Truck......................Route (Departure City) .......................................Departing Date
MOG........................2002 Fuso FG............(Medford, OR)...................................................(06/25)
GR8ADV...................2003 Fuso FG............(Seattle, WA)....................................................(06/25 or 26)
IGBT........................2006 Isuzu NRR.........(Seattle, WA)....................................................(06/25)
IAQUAHOLIC.............2005 Fuso FG............(Friday Harbor, WA)............................................(06/25)
BLINDBATLED...........1997 Fuso FG (jdm)....(Vancover, BC)..................................................(06/25)

Last edited:

GR8ADV

Explorer
Portal ID......Truck.....................Route (Departure City) ........................................Departing Date
MOG.........2002 Fuso FG........(Medford, OR) I5 to Hwy 62, then Hwy 97...........................(06/25)
GR8ADV.....2003 FUSO FG....... Seattle...........................................................................6/25 or 26

GR8ADV

Explorer
Isuzu not invited?

We are putting the finishing touches on our camper and garage pod and plan to go to the NW overland rally in Plain, WA this summer but I would love to see some of your builds before then.
IGBT....................C.mon down!

westyss

Explorer
Isuzu not invited?

No Isuzu's! The two trucks don't get along, they will fight it out, bad scene! Stay away!

Just kidding, they are so similar it just seems logical and normal that we include Isuzu's and any cab forward design........of course there will be the additional fee required though.

IGBT

Observer
No Isuzu's! The two trucks don't get along, they will fight it out, bad scene! Stay away!

Just kidding, they are so similar it just seems logical and normal that we include Isuzu's and any cab forward design........of course there will be the additional fee required though.

No joke about the additional fee. I contacted the rally to see if we would fit in one space (maybe diagonally :D ) but they think our 26 foot length plus the garage pod ramp door when it is down merits two 20x20 foot spaces. We will still go though, so add us to the list.

Portal ID......Truck.....................Route (Departure City) ........................................Departing Date
MOG.........2002 Fuso FG........(Medford, OR) I5 to Hwy 62, then Hwy 97...........................(06/25)
GR8ADV.....2003 FUSO FG....... Seattle........................................... ................................6/25 or 26
IGBT.........2006 Isuzu NRR...... Seattle.........................................................................6/25

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior