Fuso SRW options

skippythedog

Observer
They become pricey if your tire shop bends them the first time out....and, though they haven't been available for some time, it's my impression that Rickson and Stockton wheels (when they had the ability to build them) were only about $225 a copy. As to the swapping of the duals for singles, I was told by 2 Schwab Mgrs. (Monroe, WA and Seattle, WA) that they would not mount them, citing corporate policy (though they were vague on the reason). I didn't want to push the issue as I found 2 other locations that had no problem with them.....It seems that our DOT laws are a bit more lax (or unenforced) when contrasted to the Australian laws... But I'm wondering what laws we're actually breaking in the states by changing the manufacturers design parameters w/ a SRW setup.

Last edited:

skippythedog

Observer
SEMA?....nearly a year away....and I'm supposed to show up there to talk about it?.... Now that is about as evasive and unresponsive as a distributor of a critical vehicle safety item can be.

You challenged me on this forum ("...offended in the extreme..." you were.) Now you're not even going to explore this with your jobber to resolve this? That's a big red flag.

Decanter

Adventurer
They become pricey if your tire shop bends them the first time out....and, though they haven't been available for some time, it's my impression that Rickson and Stockton wheels (when they had the ability to build them) were only about $225 a copy. As to the swapping of the duals for singles, I was told by 2 Schwab Mgrs. (Monroe, WA and Seattle, WA) that they would not mount them, citing corporate policy (though they were vague on the reason). I didn't want to push the issue as I found 2 other locations that had no problem with them.....It seems that our DOT laws are a bit more lax (or unenforced) when contrasted to the Australian laws... But I'm wondering what laws we're actually breaking in the states by changing the manufacturers design parameters w/ a SRW setup.

Stockton can build them for $490 each as of 6 months ago or so. I waited on Rickson and waited, and then finally swapped my order for a set of 19.5's for my Dodge which they delivered promptly. If Stockton can't look it up holler at me and I'll post the specs and SO/PO and invoice numbers.

Les Schwab mounted mine however I'm within the load limit of the vehicle with the 19.5's. There were no issues. They also do a great powder coat for cheap BTW.

Decanter

Adventurer
As Ron mentioned, this might be a good impetus to more folks running balance beads. When I swapped over to the 16's from Alex (sourced from EC), I ran stainless beads, and they seem to be working well. I'll have better data after more time, but for now I'm glad I went the bead route. The other issue that's apparent is it's relatively easy to load an FX past the tire max load limit :D

You might also look at http://www.balancemasters.com I'm running them on both my Dodge 2500 and Fuso with 19.5's and Toyo 608's. I will never balance again :)

Decanter

Adventurer
Interesting, I must have missed that - I remember checking with Centramatics and they said they didn't have anything for the Fuso SRW. Do you happen to remember what you ordered?

#SANPR for my 2013 6 bolt lug. Give them a shout with your specs.

Decanter

Adventurer
Stockton Wheel 19.5" specs

Someone PM'd me and asked me to post the specs:

From the Stockton Wheel Invoice#4793 SO#5006
19.5x8.25 6x8.75BP PW VENTED
Build with reverse max BS of 8 1/8"
Put 6 oblong holes with
measurements
of 2-3/4" long and 1-1/2" wide
the width of hole 3/4" of the way is
1-1/4" wide
The slot hole will line up with
valve stem hole
Distance of oblong hole to
center
bore hole edge to edge is 3-3/4"
Distance from center of oblong
hole to centerbore edge is 4-3/8"
Centerbore hole is 6-1/2"
Double taper the stud hole w/
1-3/16
beveled.

jhrodd

Adventurer
Hello Skippythedog.

As the supplier of these wheels to earthcruiser and other companies world wide i feel i need to present some facts here, it is true the last shipment of wheels supplied to earthcruiser were the incorrect stud pattern, this was before christmas and to reorder and be placed in the manufacturing schedule can take months to happen, the wheels are manufactured by Alex wheels in Taiwan to the highest standards, they have never been sourced from china or shipped from hong kong, we have well over 800 wheels out there world wide with NO failures or warranty issues that i am aware of, to criticize a product and or company on a public forum with no hard facts i find a very offensive to extreme!! feel free to contact me direct alan@outbackaccessories.com

What's the price on those 5 lug wheels? I could use a set.

canter tourer

Adventurer
I'm running Alan's wheel and you can't say that I'm easy on them. If you don't believe me look up what I do with my Canter and yes it is loaded to the max (and then some) at times and often it may be sitting on the bottom side wheel with more than it's share of weight in offroad situations. As far as balance goes why would you use wheel weights when you can use balance beads that do a lot better job. I use stainless beads that can be reused so not even having to buy more when doing a tyre change. You need to use enough, the rate is 1oz per 10lbs of tyre or part thereof. Some of the OKA owner over here are using shoot gun shot with good results. As far as the wheels that were out of round if you used a rattle gun to do them up without noticing that it was sitting on a weight well for sure you can bend them out of round. As far as tyre shops :- There are tyre shops and there are tyre shops but I all ways do my own as then they are right.
Dan.

I'm another plus one for Alan's rims, along with Dan I've had nothing but reliable motoring with these rims and they also have not been treated kindly (maybe not as rough on them as Dan, but I try:).
I have taped weights on mine with no issues, sounds like it may have been a placement issue on the alleged problem rims and lastly, I have always found Alan to be a decent bloke who does happen to live on the bottom of the world in Australia:snorkel:.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles