Fusos at the 2018 Abenteuer & Allrad

dags

Adventurer
thanks for posting the photos.

Any idea how they are doing cab overs without body flex issues?

Any idea what brand the factory made campers are?

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
thanks for posting the photos.
Any idea how they are doing cab overs without body flex issues?
Any idea what brand the factory made campers are?
The first two (brown and gray ones, by each other) were by Woelcke ( https://www.woelcke.de/ ),
The gray one with the price of 179,000 was an EarthCruiser
The rest were home built.
Very hard or not possible it see mounting on the all the Fusos with everything on the sides.

I did take a zillion photos of any mounting system/subframes that were visible. Subframe on frame with springs was the most popular, with the big boys UniCat, Bliss, etc using 3 or 4 point systems.
I was very impressed with Wheel24's work ( https://4wheel24.de/ )
Below are some various mounts systems (not on Fusos)
DSCN2921.JPGDSCN3043.JPGDSCN3044.JPGDSCN3050.JPGDSCN3239.JPGDSCN3242.JPGDSCN3276.JPGDSCN3280.JPGDSCN3322.JPG

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
My goal is to be there with my truck in two years. Combining it with an extended Europe and North Africa trip.
Thanks for the pics!

MarcusBrody

I knew that it didn't tilt, I was just curious that they give up the ability for the cab and box to move independently when the frame twists. I guess they don't worry about it too much as you aren't taking those beasts on anything too rugged. And it sure would make the pass through easier.

JohnRogers

Observer
That last pic is definitely a home built job with those dodgy 2x4's and twitching wire holding the exhaust rubber mount together!!

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
That last pic is definitely a home built job with those dodgy 2x4's and twitching wire holding the exhaust rubber mount together!!
It was actually a very nice 12M18 ExCap (the ExCap 12M18s are absolutely beautiful trucks https://excap.de/ ) that the owner had not finished (hence the wood and wire, to get it to the show).
He was running a super ++ lightweight 'cabin' on the back
DSCN3539.JPG

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
My goal is to be there with my truck in two years. Combining it with an extended Europe and North Africa trip.
Thanks for the pics!

I am going to post a how-to the secrets of the Abenteuer & Allrad, as there was a big 'learning curve' without a lot of detailed info on the internet.

Last edited:

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Wow, thanks for the pictures!

I'm interested to see that everyone has almost direct mounted the beds over the double cabs with no clearance. That might be my dream set up now that I have a dog and kid, though the smaller trucks always seemed so convenient.

I think this is more info on the brown Woelke truck (or something very like it: https://www.woelcke.de/expeditionsmobile/fuso-canter-doka-4x4-2017.html

While all the factory trucks at the show had some sort of suspended subframe, (I would guess that when spending 200,000 to 2,000,000€, that is expected) at least 1/3 of the heavy iron trucks at the camping area had no suspended subframe. A rough guess as this was the camping area and there is a limit to walking into someone's tiny zone of camping space and sliding under their truck :eek:

You could tell a lot of these subframeless trucks had 'been there, done that' so I would venture to guess, on a heavy framed Mercedes, Man, Iveco, etc (not a Fuso or Unimog), it is not super critical.
The camping area was as, or more amazing than the show. 1000+ trucks, vans, you name it of every description, with unlimited cool ideas, parked as if a hyperactive 4-year-old had been told to put his Legos away, and was not happy.

DzlToy

Explorer
mog said:
I am going to post a how-to the secrets of the Abenteuer & Allrad, as there was a big 'learning curve' without a lot of detailed info on the internet.

I have always wondered about this. Though English is a somewhat universal language, I presume there are visitors and vendors from around the world. It seems as though coordinating parking, giving directions, making signage, etc., would be an absolute nightmare with all of the various languages and cultures represented. I would love to go one day, regardless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior