G-wagen 460 recaro or other replacements?

Thor

Observer
Does anyone have any ideas or a hook up for some good but cheap or free replacement seats for the G-wagen?

Who knows what will fit.

Fernweh

Supporting Sponsor
Does anyone have any ideas or a hook up for some good but cheap or free replacement seats for the G-wagen?

Who knows what will fit.

The Porsche 911 seats would fit nicely as they are relatively flat on the bottom.

They should be cheap too, from such a lousy car. Free could be a problem these days, as everybody is gnawing on their fingernails to make it through the day.
I remember the days, LR's were parked alongside the road with signs "free to take"......:wings: I'm just kidding

autonovice

Contact ... Guido Matthes | Industrytools | <ebay@industrytools.de>
He may be able to help. These are electric heat and adjuster, from
1996 - 2001 i think so wiring are simple. Not cheap but authentic
and rare.

Attachments

• CIMG6721.JPG
    CIMG6721.JPG
    515.1 KB · Views: 71

Fernweh

Supporting Sponsor
Here's are the SLK Seats a friend of mine installed into a W460
6117054.jpg

Picture by Inkblotz

zimm

Expedition Leader
Find 463 seats. Best seats of any vehicle I have owned.

quality and seat heater wise i agree..

but ive noticed sone mid back fatigue, the bucket curve is either too aggressive, or the shoulder support pokes in too much. i guess they are designed for average height people.

not exactly a G issue, most stock seats seem to do this with me. i may the only person i know that LOVES late model fj40 buckets over they typical replacements.

m635dude

Observer
Mine came with Recaro's, not sure what model they are or what they are from though. I've taken a couple longer trips with them and they've always been fairly comfortable. I'd recommend them, but newer ones would be nice as well.

DSC01707.jpg

IMGP6157.jpg

They also have power backrests.

stevegsmith

Observer
quality and seat heater wise i agree..

but ive noticed sone mid back fatigue, the bucket curve is either too aggressive, or the shoulder support pokes in too much. i guess they are designed for average height people.

not exactly a G issue, most stock seats seem to do this with me. i may the only person i know that LOVES late model fj40 buckets over they typical replacements.

They're not perfect for me either (5'11'/190lbs). Well-made and beautiful but I swear the seat bottom is convex. After 4 consecutive hours my butt and back are not happy. I really prefer the 460 recaro buckets for daily driving and off-road. Great shape and the bolstering is just right and not too aggressive. Only wish sometimes I had a seat heater.

Maybe I'm just accustomed to older stuff and my wallet discourages thinking/liking anything else. :)

I will admit though that 4 hours in any seat will take it's toll. Different strokes. Hard to make one seat that works for everyone that's for shizz.

Last edited:

artiei

Observer
When I got my G it had an extra set of pretty ugly Recaro Racing seats. I had them trimmed down, filled in, recovered and a set of heating pads put in them. They look and feel GREAT now. See if you can pick up a set of used seats and have them recovered at a local shop. I got the MB leather and MBTEX materials at a place called Veteran Company.
300G_50.JPG

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
They look fantastic! I assume you got these from a 1990-92 VW GTi/GLI 16V, and they were power operated?(non-power had the center flat seat portion protruding far past the 2 raised thigh supports)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne