G-Wagen w/ factory portals, air suspension

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Ignoring the fiddly bits like that.
These designs are seriously flawed for G4 COIN operations. They should not be considered for use outside of very secure areas, unless there is a hidden "boat hull" curve on the bottom of the passenger compartment.

I thought Raiko on pointedthree.com or clubgwagen.com had mentioned a V-hull..I can't seem to find the post however.

larcie

Anyone have pictures of the new Australian Army G wagons and dirivatives?
There's 4x4 and 6x6, wagon, single and dual cabs?

lowenbrau

Explorer
I have to think that some of this R and D has been driven by MBs relative success selling the G wagen to Canada. The armored floor kit is pretty expensive for what it delivers and I know that is a complaint.

I'm anxiously awaiting them to begin showing up surplus.

I thought this body style was end-of-life for MB. Are they just not selling the bling version anymore?

222678-g3.jpg

zimm

Expedition Leader
I have to think that some of this R and D has been driven by MBs relative success selling the G wagen to Canada. The armored floor kit is pretty expensive for what it delivers and I know that is a complaint.

I thought this body style was end-of-life for MB. Are they just not selling the bling version anymore?

222678-g3.jpg

still sold as a pimpmobile too!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge

222678-g3.jpg

Let us know when they start showing up at auction up there.

They're still selling Bling models to us unassuming American's unfortunately. :(

stjjames

Observer
e.g. just look at the brake line, it´ll tear off in any serious offroading!

Beyond the fact that I do not think that is a 'brake line' & my guess would be that it's part of the CTIS system - These rigs weren't designed as serious offroaders. These are military vehicles, built as high mobility, modular load bearing tools. I mean, beyond the fact they weight eleventy billion pounds & would sink on the tarmac :sombrero:
But then, we may have a different idea of what 'Serious Offroading' is & rightfully so - this is an Expedition forum.

P.S.: The drop boxes I am running on my Defender can be fitted to a G, too, and are by far less expensive! :wings:

If by 'Drop boxes' (sorry, I'm new to the Euro-Lingo) you mean Portal ends, there are a couple of options available stateside - though none of which would be bolt-on. Everything here is designed around the D60 :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles