G-Wagon or M-Wagon?

jeepstream

Observer
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this looks more like a Mitsubishi Montero/Dodge Raider than a G-Wagen to me. :costumed-smiley-007

Creative advertising?

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/1736626554.html

Mercedes G Wagon (Classic 1987) - $2000 (Inland Empire)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-05-11, 10:46PM PDT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 1987 Mercedes Benz G550 (G-Wagon) for sale.

- Just got a new paint job
- All maintenance on engine was recently done
- Runs perfect!
- Original 4 cylinder Mercedes motor
- Manual transmission
- 4X4 with wheel locks
- Needs interior work

This is a great off road vehicle

Im asking $2000.00
Or make me a good enough offer.

Please feel free to contact me for any specs or pictures.

3n43o83p85U55X65S2a5babcb0995a46a1f0d.jpg

3n93k33lf5W55X65S1a5b8f59a041a1851727.jpg

Momrocks

Adventurer
That's funny. I would have an appreciation for it if it weren't for the bold faced lies in the ad. The rig itself if a nice tribute, the outlandish claims and misrepresentation takes away any admiration.

Do you remember in the mid eightys when people were grafting BMW grills onto mini trucks? I don't remember any of those guys claiming to have original BMW 4 cyls.

swb

Observer
One of the better small 4wd's those old Montero's (called "Pajero" in Australia)
Mitsubishi had a few "firsts" in their time. (Lot of Paris Dakar wins under their belts too)

But the one pictured looks weird with the wheels extending past the fenders. Needs some flared wheel arches or correct offset wheels. You think the spare will work?

Looks like the windscreen is busted - just the vegetation!

swb

Observer
Are these available in USA? Never saw one when I was there.

They are quite popular in Australia and good value. Got a powerful diesel motor.

pajero-ns-arb-sahara.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles