g4 fully equipped challenge truck discovery 2

lmiles69

Up for sale is a 2003 Land Rover discovery (right hand drive) that has been on every continent except Antarctica. This vehicle is fully loaded and proven to be extremely capable off road, has a pedigree of excellence after participating in the Land Rover G4 challenge. The truck is being sold as is with 97,000 kilometers/ approx. 59,000 miles and fully loaded with all supplies needed for an around the world journey. Besides being capable when stock, the truck itself includes:
Low compression 4.6 V8 engine
Dual battery system
EeziAwn rooftop tent system
retractable awning
roofrack
off-road lights front and rear
a full rear security cage for less than savory locations
auxiliary Jerry can/tire carrier bumper mounted to a tread plated heavy duty rear bumper
High-lift jack mount
warn front winch
bumper lights
tow hooks front and rear
full light guards front, rear, and all off-road lights
working snorkel system
Two locking safes welded into the car
heavy duty two inch lift with koni shocks
propane stove mounted to the rear door
micron exhaust
Full on-board air system with tools
40 gallon water tank
extra large fuel tank
and for comfort full leather interior with heated seats.
Now the extras:
this truck is fully equipped with anything needed to not only travel but to also do outdoor activities. Included in this purchase:
Fly rod
shore fishing rod and reel
collapsible crab trap
bait trap for fishing
walking stick
aquatabs water purification tablets
waterproof matches
fire blanket
two sleeping bags
pots and pans
full set of flys
grill set for the built in propane grill
electric lanterns
full set of flares
Even a collapsable kitchen sink!
since this is made to travel around the world, included are almost any tool needed to fix it on the fly.
Spare hoses and gaskets
lubricants
chemicals including under body sealant
polyeurothane silicone
dry graphite
tire plug kit
dry lube
butane refiller
volt meter
Bellota full socket set
mallet
five in one hot gas tool
bush ranger jack
electric wrench and gun
British compatible inverter
and the all important duct tape

This truck has been verified on the G4 registry to be authentic. It competed in the South African challenge. It was then purchase by the current owner with 4k miles. The current owner has added all the necessary equipment to complete a 6 year around the world expedition which just happened to end here in Georgia!

This truck is at THE SHOP in Norcross ga. We are selling it for our customer. The owner has returned to England. Serious inquires please feel free to email me(Luke) for extra pictures and questions to info@britishtruckrepair.com

We are asking for $17500 US or best offer. Everything as a bundle.

Attachments

• g4 challenge truck 007.jpg
    g4 challenge truck 007.jpg
    538.5 KB · Views: 94
  • g4 challenge truck 002.jpg
    g4 challenge truck 002.jpg
    553.6 KB · Views: 85
  • g4 challenge truck 012.jpg
    g4 challenge truck 012.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 96
  • g4 challenge truck 005.jpg
    g4 challenge truck 005.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Is it just me or is it not cool to post up a vehicle for sale on both of your first two post? If your for real post up some more pics including the import sticker on the inside of the door.

I remember them making a big deal out of the GPS being used to navigate in-between the continents as well as for the driving. One of the best pics I saw was all the Discovery's loaded on a plane. The G4 is a nice vehicle, it ain't no Camel Trophy, but nice. I just have a problem believing that some jack*££ woke up this morning and decided to sell his RHD G4 D2 on forums he's not a member of. To me that's just fishy on any forum.

LtFuzz

Explorer
Is it just me or is it not cool to post up a vehicle for sale on both of your first two post? If your for real post up some more pics including the import sticker on the inside of the door.

For a vehicle that cool, who cares?

And no, no one is bringing this into the US "legally"

That definition varies widely. There are a number of well-known members of the Rover community that have, uh, found ways....

Isnt The Shop in Norcross, GA? Is this being offered by them?

Ray_G

Explorer
True, all the ones used in the 2003 competition were V8...what remains to be seen is if this truck was used in the event, why did they change out the roofrack and where the did the livery go as most of the pictures I've seen universally have G4 decals on the front doors as well as well as sponsor decals on the front wing, rear quarter panel, etc. Moreover where did it participate? The US, Australia, or S.Africa?

Not saying it didn't participate...just that if I was going to spend 17k on a truck I'd want to know how it got the way it did compared to how it started. The same stuff that causes me to lust after CT vehicles-even the support trucks.
r-
Ray

LtFuzz

Explorer
It should have a Special Vehicles plate somewhere, right?

Even if somone just painted it Tangiers, it's still probably worth $17k. But you won't be able to register it without shuffling some paperwork, I'd imagine.

alexcivick

Observer
I met the couple that own(ed)? This truck when they were driving through San Antonio, TX. I believe his name was Carlo Kapp. I've seen this truck in person and I can say its very nice. It's a V8. Couldn't tell you if it participated in G4 but I know that they drove around the world. They also mentioned that they were almost finished with their journey and wanted to sell the truck here in the states instead of importing back to the UK where they lived. He gave me his email as I offered to get him some information on selling it but my wallet was stolen that same night in the hotel I met them in. It is a very cool truck and they were very friendly people. I don't if they sold it and this guy is trying to re-sell it or what but I figured I'd chime in.

lmiles69

2003 G4 challenge truck

Guys,

To answer a few questions and comments...I am a member of this forum. I am the owner of THE SHOP(Land Rover repair shop in Norcross Ga.) As A rule I usually don't post on forums very often. I am an avid Adventurer myself both with Rovers and Motorcycles. I asked one of my employees to list this for me under my screen name. I am simply trying to help a customer sell his truck. I knew this forum was a place that people would know what this truck is and what it is worth. I am happy to send any pictures requested or answer any questions i can . If you have a serious interest please email me for more info at info@britishtruckrepair.com This truck was verified on the G4 registry. It is the real deal!!

thanks for your interest.

Luke

lmiles69

You are correct about the owners. Carlo is super nice guy. They ended up at my shop to get a window regulator repaired and asked if we could sell the truck for him. He left it with me and headed back to England. Thanks for chiming in with a positive post!!! ;o)

Well now that wasn't so hard was it ;) Good Luck with the sell. I've been to your shop to drool over some Rovers before I had the money for one, I used to live in Roswell right off Old Alabama RD

lmiles69

Well howdy Neighbor! Small world after all!! The truck really is awesome. If I didnt already have my Discovery I would buy this one myself!! What are you driving these days??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94