Garaging a 102 " trailer in a 95 " Garage

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I have the same problem.
I remove the 31" tires and install 8" utility rims and 4.80x8 tires. They are even highway legal.
They have like 1" of back space and cost $30 ?? each.
I'm also spring over so switching to spring under gains another 5".
My hitch, normally 18" off the ground is now 8" so I slammed the trailer 10". I could pull the tires and roll on steel for another 4".
I should be looking for a slammed Nissan hardbody to tow it.

No matter what I'd find wheels that work, maybe even rims without tires...
4 jacks will be more expensive and less stable than 2 cheap rims which will roll over the transition.

View attachment 702776 View attachment 702777
Thanks. My timbren brake hubs are 12 inch. Think your 8" rims with tires would have a 12+" diameter?

86scotty

Cynic
What is on top of the trailer? In other words, it the roof line at 102" or the top of a vent, roof AC or whatever? You might actually find it easier to start at the top if this is the case. Removing a roof AC or vent might not be too bad once per season, along with lowering air pressure.

If you have stuff like this on top that might can be removed you might be surprised at how tall it is. Maxxair/Fantastic Vent type things in the roof can be 6" tall or more easily but you'd never guess it. Many roof AC's are a foot tall.

Reactions: mog

billiebob

Thanks. My timbren brake hubs are 12 inch. Think your 8" rims with tires would have a 12+" diameter?
Rim with rubber is 15" tall but the rim is zero offset so the part that counts is the inside rim diameter which is much less than 8".

What is the bolt pattern of your hubs? ... and the offset or back space of your rims.

What is on top of the trailer? In other words, it the roof line at 102" or the top of a vent, roof AC or whatever? You might actually find it easier to start at the top if this is the case. Removing a roof AC or vent might not be too bad once per season, along with lowering air pressure.

If you have stuff like this on top that might can be removed you might be surprised at how tall it is. Maxxair/Fantastic Vent type things in the roof can be 6" tall or more easily but you'd never guess it. Many roof AC's are a foot tall.

Thanks for responding. Aluminum welded on roof rack is 101 and max air vent is 102. Hate to mess with max fan cover for 1".

Rim with rubber is 15" tall but the rim is zero offset so the part that counts is the inside rim diameter which is much less than 8".

What is the bolt pattern of your hubs? ... and the offset or back space of your rims.

I know my trailer tires are goodyear wrangler tires 235/75 r15. I will get back to you on bolt pattern of hubs and offset/back space of rims

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94