Gas can kill.

shade

If Instagram would just release an Overland filter series, a lot of that nonsense would end in the real world.

Desert Dan

Explorer
I wish off road type 4x4 vehicles were made with larger fuel tanks or extra fuel tanks. I think an extra tank is a safer way to carry more gas.

Jerry cans make it easier to fuel another vehicle if needed.

Shovel

Explorer
I know its dangerous. Heck, the Jeep is dangerous. No doors, no anti lock brakes, no airbags, no shoulder belts etc. Its a risk I willingly take. Staying home isn't all that safe either.
:ROFLMAO: I like to think there are other options in this world apart from expect to die and wait to die!

Recommended books for Overlanding

Regcabguy

Expedition Leader
I guess the op has never looked at a real truck! All the fuel is carried outside the frame.
My real truck's tank is inside the frame as was my last one.
The only truck's I have driven with externally mounted tanks was a 85' Chevy dually which had saddle tanks and my '64 F-250 which had the suicide tank behind the seat.

85_Ranger4x4

My real truck's tank is inside the frame as was my last one.
The only truck's I have driven with externally mounted tanks was a 85' Chevy dually which had saddle tanks and my '64 F-250 which had the suicide tank behind the seat.
He was probably referring to a big truck, pretty much all of which have saddle tanks either behind or below the cab.

Dads old L700 had the step to get into the cab made into the fuel tank.

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
It's weird how much argument seems to arise from something that should be pretty simple.

It is self evident the fuel is a nonzero safety risk due to flammability. It is self evident the fuel is a nonzero hassle to carry. It is self evident the fuel is a nonzero weight penalty which has nonzero consequences on the kinetics and longevity of the vehicle to which it is mounted. It is self evident the equipment with which to carry additional fuel bears a nonzero financial expense.

So if we want to exercise self preservation and thrift, we should desire to not carry fuel unless it is strictly necessary for the action we intend to take. This is an objective conclusion.

And yet somehow it's controversial! :unsure:
Hey, no fair trying to bring facts into the discussion...