OOOOOPS, it didn't flip over, like it was supposed to

:1888fbbd: :safari-rig: JIMBO

spray

Observer
We've had them in Oz for about 5-6years now

the big size is about $70au which is about $40-45us:yikes:

Nevets10

Observer
I just did a bulk purchase of the Scepter 20 liter (5 Gallon) Military fuel cans. I have some extras from some people backing out. They are OD (olive drab). They were expensive but I think they're the best and they're VERY hard to find anymore. They're brand new. Let me know if you're interested.

TeriAnn

Explorer
Nevets10 said:
I just did a bulk purchase of the Scepter 20 liter (5 Gallon) Military fuel cans. I have some extras from some people backing out. They are OD (olive drab). They were expensive but I think they're the best and they're VERY hard to find anymore. They're brand new. Let me know if you're interested.

Yes, New NATO style jerry cans are a bit more pricey than the US style jeep cans (but they seal one heck of a lot better).

But they are not hard to find. For instance:

New NATO style cans & holders

But yes, if price is similar I hope they buy from you first so you don't get stuck from trying to do a good deed.

And another thing:

There is a new US federal law going into affect for 2009 stating that fuel cans must have child proof lids. No one seems to know what that means or if the leaver locks on NATO style jerry cans qualify as child proof. So NATO jerry cans might be taken off the market in 2009. If you are thinking about new cans & have been putting the purchase off, you might want to buy them before the end of the year just in case.

Last edited:

Nevets10

Observer
The Scepter ones are the US Military ones, not the NATO style. They are completely different They are extremely heavy duty plastic. I like them becasue they're crush proof, won't rust and don't rattle. Our military has been using them for years.

Here's a copy of pictures and a link to their site. The desert tan ones are a couple old ones I have. The green one is a stock picture. The brand new ones I have are also green.

P1010007.jpg

ScepterCan.jpg

Link to their site http://www.sceptermilitary.com/fuel_containers/

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
TeriAnn said:
And another thing:

There is a new US federal law going into affect for 2009 stating that fuel cans must have child proof lids. No one seems to know what that means or if the leaver locks on NATO style jerry cans qualify as child proof. So NATO jerry cans might be taken off the market in 2009. If you are thinking about new cans & have been putting the purchase off, you might want to buy them before the end of the year just in case.

The crew at Expedition Exchange have seen the "New" style Wedco products. They were less than impressed.

cruisertoy

Explorer
You can still get as many scepter cans as you want, you just have to pay a little more than we did last year. I just bought two more last week and had them shipped. Go to dstactical.com They said they are shipping tons of fuel cans here to the US since the regs went in place. Supply and demand raised the cost of them and shipping from Canada ins't cheap, but they are available.

Nevets10

Observer
Thanks for the lead. I called them just now and was told I couldn't order any if they were going to be shippied to the US. They're price was $65 but it doesn't matter. He said to check back on Monday but he doubted if he could sell them to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94