Gen 2 Window Regulators the same?

My window regulator/motor started acting up yesterday, it would go down fine, but not back up. I went to the junkyard today and pulled the whole motor/track/cable system out of a 96 LS (mine is a 97 SR) and swapped it over. The new one when rolled all the way up leaves about a 1" gap of open window and when rolled all the way down leaves a few inches of window sticking up above the window frame so it doesn't sit flush. Both parts looked identical, does anyone know if they're different or did I just get a bad unit from the junkyard?
Thanks.

evomaki

Observer
Hmmm? I know that one from a 96SR fits a 2000, because I've swapped it. I've had some odd results swapping these things out. My driver rear was acting up. I ordered one from Rock Auto not wishing to go to pull one from the yard. New one operate fine with no glass in it. Put the glass in and it was worse than the old one. Cleaned, re-lubed, and re-installed the old one (had no choice), and it works generally fine. I don't get it.

PacS14

Adventurer
I bought the driver door from AutoZone for my 99 and has worked well for a while now (2+years) after replacing the first one under warranty because it broke one of the pulleys.

Quest4ADV

Adventurer
I'm new here in the Montero world, but I did just swap out both Driver and Passenger window regulators this week. I got mine from here:

They seem to be very well made and were a perfect match.

My passenger side is slower than the driver's side, but I think it's binding up in the weatherstripping. I managed to peel and scrape off all the tint last night and cleaned it up, It's working better now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94