Gen 3 Fuel Filler Neck/Lines to tank

bcsherpa

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have an 03 Montero LTD which I am trying to limp along as long as I can (currently sitting at 260k km). I started getting the EVAP leak code P0456 and finally on today out and about in the bush, I not only smelled but saw where and why I kept getting that code. Where the fuel filler neck piece transitions to hard lines then from what I have gathered back to rubber, it is completely rotten to the point I can see inside some lines. I am currently wondering if changing out every line to the tank right off the filler neck and axing these hard lines has been done before?

From what I have gathered in the few hours I have spent looking this evening, it does seem possible? I have a near complete parts vehicle but after seeing the amount of rust on the wheel well end of these hard lines, I am under the assumption it probably will share the same fate. I could question Mitsu's engineering choice but maybe they hadn't considered the northern rust season.

If anyone has any insights or has gone down this same path I would be appreciative of your replies. Best but probably not even an option, is there even a Mitsu replacement part?

Cheers

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
Switch to plastic / nylon fuel lines. Not sure though exactly what you are talking about as the filler neck is huge and not really a “line” when you say line it makes me think of the supply or return lines up to the engine bay…..

bcsherpa

2012-09-26_223519_capture.jpg

The part labelled 05021 is the one I am after but doesn't exist anywhere. Found a few vids on youtube of people replacing the steel lines out with rubber and am going to do that today

Cheers

Reactions: plh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz