GEN1 A/T Temp light on

chadzeilenga

I drove about an hour at highhway speeds (~65mph) through some light hills and ambient temps of 85F.

Upon exiting the highway the A/T Temp light came on and I pulled over to let it cool. I took a temp with my IR gun of the transmission pan and it measured 190F which I wouldn’t think to be a problem. I let idle for about 20min and light didn’t come off. I couldn’t find a spot on any of the lines for the AT cooler over 190F.

I think the set point on the light is 260F from manual, so I’m not sure what would be triggering it. Fresh OEM fluid & filter about 5k mi ago, level was ok.

Anyone have any thoughts? I had to shut it off with light on as I was at the racetrack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyanY

Adventurer
I'm guessing that the FSM has specs to test the sensor - I don't think 190F is high enough to turn the light on so the sensor is most likely your issue.

Recommended books for Overlanding

Long Way Round: Chasing Shadows Across the World
by Ewan McGregor, Charley Boorman
From $10.99
Drive Nacho Drive: A Journey from the American Dream to t...
by Brad Van Orden, Sheena Van Orden
From $15.95
999 Days Around Africa: The Road Chose Me
by Dan Grec, Dan Grec
From $19.95
Lone Rider
by speth Beard
From $16.38

chadzeilenga

Is that the original sensor? Did the light stay off after a restart?
Hey Mark,
The light stayed on after an immediate restart, but did not return after the trans had cooled.
I ordered a replacement sensor through Mitsubishi dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likely ur pRobles is solved with the new part.
I believe u bought the last one in existence in North america.
at about 80 dollars? I don't recall exactly. but the dealer told me such was the case, and I declined his offer.
my light burns brightly yet on the dash.

now comes the fun part R&R.
getting to the wee bas***d, and removing it is a lot less fun than a lobotomy.