Generator Mount

BurbanAZ

Explorer
We have a 15' jayco trailer and needed a place to mount our Honda generator. The bumper on the trailer is obviously designed to hold exactly that spare tire and no more, so that leaves a few inches of exposed frame to work with. I made a mount that I think should work pretty well. It's nothing fancy but it was quick and cheap to make and might be a good option for some other people instead of mounting everything to that sketchy bumper.

I made this out of just scrap I had laying around in my garage. Used a leaf spring u bolt to hold everything.

IMG_3940.jpg

IMG_3941.jpg

IMG_3944.jpg

IMG_4008.jpg

IMG_4009.jpg

IMG_4009.jpg

IMG_4013.jpg

TwinStick

Explorer
It sure did seem solid when I grabbed onto it & push/pulled. It did not move at all. Lots of people won't/can't use it because all the weight of it & what's on it, transfer right to the tongue weight. I have a 3rd Gen Power Wagon with Hellwig Load Pro 35's & my camper only weighs 3500 lbs with a 350 lb empty tongue weight, so not a big deal for me. I will be buying one of them this summer i think.

I also have this for our 2 bike rack that is mounted to the rear bumper of our camper. Rock solid, no movement what so ever. I have literally seen a 5th wheel camper hit a big bump while carrying 2 bikes on a rack on its rear bumper & had a complete failure at highway speeds. Not sure what broke but it bounced up & failed on the landing. Bikes & rack were dragging on the road at highway speed. Glad they stayed on the rack long enough for me to avoid a catastrophe. They had no idea what had just happened. Took us a few minutes to even get their attention. Road trance maybe ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highway_hypnosis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior