Gitout.com - Ultimate Expedition Build - 2003 Mitsubishi Montero Limited

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
FYI- I have OME HD front suspension on my Gen. III...it has never contacted the uca, or any other part for that matter.

I've seen it twice before as well, on the Rubicon with Fullmonty's '06 it seemed the OME setup was allowing for more than stock suspension travel. Just a little bit but it was enough to dent the shock body and ultimately bend the shock. It could be a combination of the heavy loads and hard wheeling. I'm not totally sure but it's something to watch for.

ChrisCosta416

I've seen it twice before as well, on the Rubicon with Fullmonty's '06 it seemed the OME setup was allowing for more than stock suspension travel. Just a little bit but it was enough to dent the shock body and ultimately bend the shock. It could be a combination of the heavy loads and hard wheeling. I'm not totally sure but it's something to watch for.

Well that is good to know!

montypower

Adventure Time!
Guess I didn't understand what you were asking... I didn't do any additional tuning from FilthyMotorSports. My understanding is that they are fully tuned for the Pajero platform. Worked great with no additional changes.

ChrisCosta416

Guess I didn't understand what you were asking... I didn't do any additional tuning from FilthyMotorSports. My understanding is that they are fully tuned for the Pajero platform. Worked great with no additional changes.

Ahh ok, The company that is tuning recommend I provide weights and measurements for a smooth ride. They are not charging me any fee as its part of the deal I worked out!

MoabRefugee

Observer
Go to the trouble. Have quite a bit of moto/bicycle suspension experience, but vehicle wise, it has been limited to rally cars. Giving them the info allows them to tune for specific bump amplitude/frequencies, i.e. washboard conditions. The info will definitely allow them to tune your shim stack for butter smooth on washboard, all without diving under throttle/brake weight transfer. IMO it would be silly to spend that kind of dosh on King's without getting that level of tune. If you get get access to some wheel scales, with the truck loaded as you will use it, driver/passenger onboard....now we're talking. Braap! Please keep us posted.

ChrisCosta416

Go to the trouble. Have quite a bit of moto/bicycle suspension experience, but vehicle wise, it has been limited to rally cars. Giving them the info allows them to tune for specific bump amplitude/frequencies, i.e. washboard conditions. The info will definitely allow them to tune your shim stack for butter smooth on washboard, all without diving under throttle/brake weight transfer. IMO it would be silly to spend that kind of dosh on King's without getting that level of tune. If you get get access to some wheel scales, with the truck loaded as you will use it, driver/passenger onboard....now we're talking. Braap! Please keep us posted.
Do not mean to hijack this thread. I have got my truck weighed for the tuning :)

MoabRefugee

Observer
Do not mean to hijack this thread. I have got my truck weighed for the tuning :)
Last hi-jack. I know that you weighed F/R, I meant using scales to corner weight the truck with gear and to adjust your packing to achieve even weight distribution. Made a very perceptible difference with my 02. I usually pack to offset driver weight L/R, but I was shocked by what some additional efforts at mass centralization made in “real world” feel. That said, my tools are still in the 3rd row cubby, whose deck I secure with v-joined NRS straps run through the factory tie downs. Keeps the contents from “tenderizing” me in an accident. If I could swing it $$ wise, I would add anti- slosh foam to the the tank.

Last edited:

ChrisCosta416

@montypower I installed my Kings and I running into the same issue as you. However instead of trimming the upper control arm, King offered to take a look and see how they can improve the kit to avoid doing that. I also ran into issues of the coilver not fitting into the top strut mount

montypower

Adventure Time!
Will be curious what they come up with. FYI - the OME heavy suspension also contacts the upper control arm (so anyone with the issue needs a fix).
I didn't have fitment issue with the top cap. What was your trouble?

ChrisCosta416

Will be curious what they come up with. FYI - the OME heavy suspension also contacts the upper control arm (so anyone with the issue needs a fix).
I didn't have fitment issue with the top cap. What was your trouble?
Right now it looks like this

Attachments

• 85943C7E-332F-4C05-AA46-6137E81BDE08.jpeg
    85943C7E-332F-4C05-AA46-6137E81BDE08.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
  • 9B119511-7529-4AC6-BD35-6EF409DBE329.jpeg
    9B119511-7529-4AC6-BD35-6EF409DBE329.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 36

montypower

Adventure Time!
So shiny! Like it. Top should be fine assuming the hat is sitting flat. Control arm contact looks like mine did. Possibly changing the bottom control mount could also resolve the contact. I do wonder how our US version is different than the Pajero these were built for??

ChrisCosta416

So shiny! Like it. Top should be fine assuming the hat is sitting flat. Control arm contact looks like mine did. Possibly changing the bottom control mount could also resolve the contact. I do wonder how our US version is different than the Pajero these were built for??
Thanks for the info!

They sold less than 10 versions in the US. We are thinking of changing the bottom bushing/rod that connects to the lower control arm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior