Gladiator configurator is live

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
They've already confirmed that it'll only be available in 4 doors.
I know they confirmed that for at least the 2019-20 production but did they confirm that for the longterm production? Hopefully not and they wise up realizing that there is a market for people that don't want 137.3" wheelbase on a truck or 218" overall length

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
I know they confirmed that for at least the 2019-20 production but did they confirm that for the longterm production? Hopefully not and they wise up realizing that there is a market for people that don't want 137.3" wheelbase on a truck or 218" overall length

There was a video of one of the designers during the unveil and the Jeep guy was extremely, extremely candid and refreshing.
He said "We would all love a 2 door version, but given the JK/JL sells 80/20 4 door/2 door (which is the opposite of what Jeep predicted in 2007 when the JKU came out), there will never be a business case to make a 2 door JT.
He said there never will be one, and also confirmed there will never be a V8 from the factory (becuase crash safety)

So where's the diesel engine they promised us??

It's been delayed again, sounds like it will be in the JL and JT for 2020
I hope they use the time to fix the design issues with the 3.0 ecoDiesel (bottom end bearings, longevity)

-Dan

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
There was a video of one of the designers during the unveil and the Jeep guy was extremely, extremely candid and refreshing.
He said "We would all love a 2 door version, but given the JK/JL sells 80/20 4 door/2 door (which is the opposite of what Jeep predicted in 2007 when the JKU came out), there will never be a business case to make a 2 door JT.
He said there never will be one, and also confirmed there will never be a V8 from the factory (becuase crash safety)

I hope they use the time to fix the design issues with the 3.0 ecoDiesel (bottom end bearings, longevity)

-Dan
Damn that really sucks. I figured people like me are a minority for a single cab but I was hoping they would at least make a few models two door or even make it available to order from factory. Oh well, maybe the 4 door will grow on me.

Thanks Dan. Hope everything is cruising better in your neck of the woods after the incident!

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Posting this question here cause I can't seem to log in anywhere else. Is anyone else having issues getting into the forums on either Internet explorer or chrome?

Feel free to move this post to the proper area. I would post there but, I can't seem to get into the forums...... so probably wouldn't be able to see a reply.

Last edited:

Josh_Smith

-Dan
Wasn't the bottom end issue resolved due to engineers suggesting the wrong weight oil?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Wasn't the bottom end issue resolved due to engineers suggesting the wrong weight oil?

I hadn't heard that, but I must say I have not been following it very closely. I think they're saying the RAM 1500 is getting an "all New" ecoDiesel 3.0 in the coming year... so it will be very interesting to see what's changed.

-Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94