Gladiator pop top from AT Overland

shade

I've been happy with my GFC. It's one of the more durable designs on the market, but that doesn't mean others are going to fall apart. It's also one of the lightest options, which was important to me. It's a good fit for how I use my truck, both as a daily driver and for camping.

For the most part, the Overland Journal roundup does a good job of capturing the differences between several wedge campers. There are pros & cons to each one.

I don't think it's possible to totally dust proof a truck bed, but it can be reduced significantly. A tailgate seal can help, and any drain holes in the bed may need to be covered, as well as any gaps around built-in storage bins. The top of the bedside rails can be a problem, too.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Jack,
It opens in one motion. If you pull down on the support bar on the 8 foot (think of a rectangle) side it lifts it straight up. The topper is only 170lbs
Kevin
www.instagram.com/compositepods
for working scale model
first gen 4runner rendering, will be on my 86
View attachment 540303

Makes sense. I’ve owned three 1st gen 4Runners and always wanted to put a camper like you have pictured on one. Looking forward to seeing it come to fruition.

Jack

I have a GFC camper with a Decked drawer system, and I use a collapsible step stool to reach the tailgate; no hopping.
Works fine for me, but I'd suggest anyone considering such a set up to give it a try first.
How do you like your GFC with the DECKED system? Do you have any photos of what you are storing in the DECKED? Do you have photos of the setup in general? We are seriously considering a similar setup for one of our rigs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior