Gladiator Pop-Up Pass Through Camper Build

Mules

Maybe I missed it.

What did this end up weighing and how much heavier is your modified top versus the stock top you started with?
Back from the paint shop it's sitting at 184 lb. Plus roughly 70 lb. for bed platform, pneumatic shocks, tent, and back hatchback puts it at 254.

I didn't weight the original top, but guess it was 80 lbs.

If I'm right, this only added the difference between the two tops or about 174 lb. to my rig. For comparison an AluCab for Jeep Gladiator ads 462 lb. I'm not as strong, but boy am I light.

I'll appreciate the weight when I fill up the gas tank!

Last edited:
Reactions: mog

1000arms

The biggest problem with the professional painting is that you will probably never be willing to use a roller to retouch the paint on your Gladiator. ... :cool:

Looks good!

Mules

The biggest problem with the professional painting is that you will probably never be willing to use a roller to retouch the paint on your Gladiator. ... :cool:

Looks good!
Yea, I'm going to shed a tear when that first long scratch runs down the side of the rig :cry:

1000arms

Yea, I'm going to shed a tear when that first long scratch runs down the side of the rig :cry:
Just fill the scratches in with a contrasting color to help show them as a badge of honor. :)

It works great on dinged, dented, or crumpled-but-hammered-back-out channel-iron bumpers. People who spot the bumper usually refrain from pulling out in front of it! :cool: