GM fullsize AWD Van Info thread

mazzstar26

Anyone have any issues with the Skyjacker H7003 front shocks? I just installed and they don't seem to have enough dampening- the front of the van boats up and down on big bumps on the freeway... I'm thinking to return them and get some custom foxes... the Bilstein front shocks don't seem to have alot of travel....

Did you ever end up replacing the skyjackers? I’m having the same issues with mine and curious if Bilstiens solved the dampening issue

Did you ever end up replacing the skyjackers? I’m having the same issues with mine and curious if Bilstiens solved the dampening issue
FYI, I got bilstein on a raised 2" AWD and I am not not thrilled with them, I am considering Fox next but will be few months before I get there.

mazzstar26

FYI, I got bilstein on a raised 2" AWD and I am not not thrilled with them, I am considering Fox next but will be few months before I get there.

Is the issue for you the dampening? I just ordered the Bilstein's and have to believe they're better than the $40 skyjackers. I do like the idea of the Fox 2.0 being rebuildable because you can valve them correctly, but this is the first complaint I've heard on the Bilstein's and it's bumming me out

Not sure what it is, but the front is really bouncing a lot, I wouldn't expect that from new shocks. I lifted the van 2" and I did buy the longer shocks. I will test by lowering the front maybe 1" to preload some more and see if that helps.

Poptop question: I do see many Westfalia pop top installed on Chevy Express, but I am not able to find any good detailed write up. The few I find are missing the images as the thread are old..

Does anyone has any URL, insights on someone that did the conversion? I picked up a Westy pop top and will start to put it on my '06 AWD van.

Thank you
Christian

goin camping

Explorer
Question about the sticker with all those codes that tell you what your vehicle is and has.

Which code tells you interior color?

Willtz

Well, here it is... Burb springs from KC and Maxx keys maxed out. Went up 4" in rear and 3.5"
up front. Rear was 1/2" higher to begin so now its 1" higher. I guess I'll have to put some bricks in the back until those springs settle out...
Nice Van, I really really like the Rims and tires. I'm looking for some myself.

Willtz

This is mine just got it about 2 months ago. Ive only done so.e cosmetic work on it. LED lights a grille and euro tail lights

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210901-184222_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210901-184222_Gallery.jpg
    415.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20210901-184306_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210901-184306_Gallery.jpg
    842.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20210901-184356_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210901-184356_Gallery.jpg
    554.5 KB · Views: 39

Teacher88

Has anyone put a larger cranking battery in their van? Mine has finally seen its last day and I want to replace it with the largest one possible.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MoonMan

Has anyone put a larger cranking battery in their van? Mine has finally seen its last day and I want to replace it with the largest one possible.

I have an Explorer conversion Express with TV, DVD, lights that pulls extra power. Last year I was having charging troubles and needed to replace the alternator. When I did that I also upgraded to an Optima Yellow Top Deep Cycle battery. It is nice to have piece of mind when running the extra electronics that the van will still start up.

86scotty

Cynic

I put the biggest AGM dual purpose I could fit in mine. It's a Duracell from Batteries Plus. I had to modify the tray slightly. I think it's a group 31? Can't remember, I'll edit this post later.

Teacher88

Thanks for all that commented on the battery. Ended up going with this one. 800 cca should be way more than I will ever need for our 5.3. I have these blain's farm and fleet platinums in my 7.3 diesel and they haven't let me down
9e32c13552f81fc7503b0eee8936e8bf.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke