GM Van windows that fit the body lines?

scottrinne

Hello, I am looking for windows that fit the Chevy Express and GMC Savana vans. I am looking for windows that will fit within the body lines of the van (like stock passenger van windows do). I just ordered and test fit some CRL windows (part # VW31031) but they are not "contoured" as advertised. The are the correct length and width to fit in the body lines (and not cut out more ribs), but they do not follow the contours of the van. (tight on top leaves 3" gap on bottom)

I am looking for brand and model # of a window that you know will fit our vans. ...maybe it's made for a dodge/ford but you know it will fit?? ...or, maybe you know of a different brand other than CR Laurence that will work??

Thanks in advance,
Scott

vanpic.jpgbodylines.jpgvw31031.jpg

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Good luck with the windows....please keep us updated on this and on the rest of your build out of this nice van.

45Kevin

Adventurer
I have no recommendations for you but, I can say the vertical radius at the front of the rear side windows is different than the rear of the rear side windows, if you get my drift.
They spiral. I doubt you will find an exact match.

You would probably be better off looking for a tall narrow window or two to put in that space.

Last edited:

Weeds

Adventurer
I have a 2011 Airstream Avenue. It is built on the Express body. There is a CR Lawrence window in that location, but it is smaller than the panel you want to remove. I would guess the window is half of the panel.

billiebob

Best bet, auto wreckers and get the full window plus steel from a passenger version, you'll likely need a body shop to weld them in. But they will look stock. Nothing else will.

scottrinne

The Airstream Ave and Roadtrek 190 both use CR Laurence crank out window (FW904RS). However, you guys inspired me to look more into the Roadtrek vans. The Roadtrek 170 looks to have the perfect window for my protect. Does anyone know the part number? A8720E35-CC92-4548-B7E8-73B37D340C24.jpeg

Here is a picture of the rear window (FW904RS). It fits the body lines, but it’s too long and way too expensive for my project:
6135936C-DAD3-4540-8023-72C6B859FFB5.jpeg

scottrinne

The conversion vans at my junk yards all have the one-size-fits-all windows. They fit the body lines better on the ford vans, but you can see how low they go on our express vans here:

Attachments

• 721A5020-E069-41CE-A391-5EC71A986996.jpeg
    721A5020-E069-41CE-A391-5EC71A986996.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 17

scottrinne

Like Billiebob said, i think cutting the sheet metal from a passenger van and welding it looks the best but is above my pay grade. Weldtec did it:
EB8FAA16-BB0C-4A81-B04B-10BF4647BDA9.jpeg

However, if I had the skills and budget to do that I would also weld in bump-outs over the rear bunk to make sleeping more comfortable. (Bed is transverse and takes up less space)

scottrinne

I'm updating this post in case someone in the future is looking for the same thing:

I was able to use the aftermarket door glass that was designed for the passenger side barn door. (CR Laurence FW141) However, I installed it behind the driver's door. This window does not open and it seems to be constructed symmetrical so it handle driving down the road on either side of the vehicle. The curvature fit perfect.

For the bunk windows, I went vanwindowsdirect.com bunk windows. They are half-sliders with mosquito screens. They measured about 36"x12" and they are not curved. However, I was able to slightly bend the sheet metal inward to accommodate this and still get a tight seal.

vandecal.jpg

KevBot

Thanks for figuring this out! I've been breaking my head over the right window for my Savana without getting the right info I need to make the right decision. This was downright helpful. Good on ya!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior