Go Fast Campers- taught enough in winds?

shade

I asked them about a right side entrance and they told me they don't ever plan on offering one. Really I asked about a tent with entrances on both sides rather than having 2 separate models but they said that adds too much complexity to the canvas. I don't really see how, considering it has an entrance design on one side already, but I'm not making RTTs with 8 month backorders soooooo

Re: taking bedding in and out: totally workable in truck camper. On SUV RTT, I said nay. I just closed up camp in pouring rain yesterday morning and if I were required to remove my bedding clear out of the tent and stuff it into the SUV, I would definitely have had wet bedding. Talk about a quick way to ruin a multi-day trip (in my opinion) if that happens on any day but the last...
I can understand the appeal of having a sleeping area instantaneously ready for use. Pop a few latches or straps, and climb in. I don't believe that ability needs to carry much weight in the selection of a sleeping system, though. Compared to the ease of pitching & striking the shelter, a pre-made bed is at most a distant third on the list, in my opinion.

Maybe this is because I have a different idea about what "bedding" means when applied to this type of use. For me, whether using a soft shell RTT or a GFC (or when backpacking, for that matter), I shove my pillows, down bags or a comforter into a compression dry sack. It takes very little time, it's easy to do, and everything is well protected from the elements. I leave a cover sheet on the RTT or GFC mattress when it's packed, but other than that, everything else is in a compression dry sack that takes up minimal cargo space. Making the bed is just as easy.

If I was using bulky bedding that wasn't very compressible, I may not be happy using a stuff sack. On the other hand, if I was buying something in the price range being discussed, I'd find the money for some down gear, too.

By the way, I agree that GFC should offer side access for their full Platform campers. For some people's uses, rear access only through the truck bed or tent can be awkward.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior