Goal Zero lithium vs NOCO GB500 jump pack?

Redman333

Adventurer
Goal zero Yeti lithium 1400

https://www.goalzero.com/shop/portable-power/goal-zero-yeti-1400-lithium-power-station-app/

NOCO GB500 jump pack

https://no.co/gb500

Wanting to be able to use these as a portable power station. I don't necessarily need 120VAC as I can find most things in 12vdc. Lights, fans, pumps, ect. So AC power is not mandatory.

With that said would the NOCO be similar in power capacity or will the Goal zero be better, or would it be close that it wouldn't matter much. Maybe I'm missing it but I couldn't really see a direct comparison in amp hour ratings between them. I just thought that if the NOCO can do close to the same for running electronics while camping as the goal zero then the added function of starting the vehicle would be nice. Also since this is so big I'm thinking I can run the items I want and still have juice left if needed to jump a vehicle. This would also serve me at work since I work on Heavy duty trucks. My gut tells me the goal zero will have a much larger capacity though. Am I right?

swduncan

Observer
The Yeti 1400 has (I believe) 1400wh of capacity, the jump starter says it has less than 300 (266 is what the page says).

No contest in favor of the Yeti it would seem, unless extremely high current jump starting is what you need, in which case it's no contest but the jump starter wins.

The Yeti's page doesn't work right and the specs won't come up for me, but my understanding from another page on the site is the number in the name is watt hours.

Redman333

Adventurer
Ok cool yeah that’s what I was thinking. I just thought it’d be nice to combine features but if those specs are correct then yes definitely the yeti wins.

Fuelfish

So I bought the 1000 Lithium for my boat when my generator died thinking it would just be a moderate solution but it has turned out to be completely amazing. I love this thing and am constantly surprised what it will power and all silently. we boil water, make coffee, charge every device on earth and I have not gotten it below 70% in a weekend. Costco often has the 1000's for $900 which is a good deal. also google Goal Zero Open box and there are some deals to be had. I have not yet gone to solar charging but that is next. I almost built my own system so I could run microwave etc but this is just perfect. I can even run a space heater in a pinch. I would watch the youtube video "how I killed my Yeti Goal zero" as it makes you realize they are not perfect. the guy basically runs everything he can find off the thing and kills it the day he brought it home so do use your brain. They are big money but they work perfectly and way way beyond my expectation. Moving it to my expedition trailer when it arrives

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior