Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium - in-car charging

DezM

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but figure better than starting a new one!

Would this be a suitable work around for the Yeti 400 Lithium not being able to charge from a 12v source?

Starter battery->Solenoid->AC Inverter->Yeti 400

I would imagine it wouldn't be as efficient as running a 12v line straight into the battery, but would it be sufficient to fully charge the Yeti?

e60ral

2016 4Runner Trail w/KDSS
Sorry to revive a dead thread, but figure better than starting a new one!

Would this be a suitable work around for the Yeti 400 Lithium not being able to charge from a 12v source?

Starter battery->Solenoid->AC Inverter->Yeti 400

I would imagine it wouldn't be as efficient as running a 12v line straight into the battery, but would it be sufficient to fully charge the Yeti?
That should be all you need

I'd bet getting a voltage booster would make a 12v outlet work, but not sure

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've heard the same thing. I can't wait to get my hands on it. I've been doing the inverter thing too, and it works well enough, I suppose, but having a dedicated vehicle charging solution compared to the sketch inverter I've been using would be nice!

Just emailed them and they confirmed that an inverter would work fine. They also mentioned they’re coming out with a car charger next month!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they've been saying that for well over a year. Hopefully its true this time.

I remember they told me that too, Gabe. I was surprised to check on their site and find they still didn't offer the charger for it after a year of saying it was coming in the spring of 2018.

Very curious to hear some real world experience on this. I already saw one pretty favorable review on YouTube that was showing faster charge rates than from a household outlet.
Reliable 12V charging is the only thing standing between me and a lithium 1400.