Goodyear DuraTrac long term review

p nut

butter
I think it'd be helpful if you included tread wear? Nice write up and thanks for the review.

xjaugie

Adventurer
Tread wear has been good so far with between 25 -30,000 miles. The photo was taken last weekend and they still have enough tread to throw clumps of mud. Worse part is I'm going back this coming weekend to chase turkeys again. Didn't even bother to wash the truck. Truck does get a lot of looks and comments driving down the streets of washington DC.:victory:

teotwaki

Excelsior!
My Duratracs have been great. I'll try to look up the total mileage on them as well as measure tread depth and report back to this thread.

4x4junkie

Explorer
I'd be curious to know tread depth as well, along with the size & load-range you got (contemplating a set of these for my Ranger pickup).

tommudd

Explorer
I'll add mine in
265-75-16 load range C mounted on 8 inch wide Moab wheels
They are on a 04 Jeep Liberty 4 inch lift , steel front and rear bumpers, heavy skids/rock rails etc so it's heavier than most
Tires installed at 129,120 miles, now at 184,400 they have an average of 9/32 left on
run them at 34 lbs of air on the highway and rotate every 3000-4000 miles
best tire I have ran in the last 20 years or so

CUMMINSDIESELPWR

i have 315/75-16" on my rig. love em! snow is no sweat and mud sand seems good so far. handling is good, noise... what noise! wear is great! i run mine about 55psi front/rear and rotate bout 4-5k mi. i will buy them again for sure!

these are E rated as well. for 3/4 and 1 ton you dont want to run c rated as handling sux from what i hear.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
There are E-rated Duratracs on the XV-JP and I am very happy with them. They replaced Goodyear MT-Rs that gave squirrelly highway handling by 5K miles. The Duratracs have exceptional pavement performance; it's hard to believe you're on a fairly aggressive tire. I don't have an empirical wear data, but they seem to be doing very well, especially given my truck's weight. For my use, where on- and off-pavement behavior is equally important, I can't imagine there'd be anything better.

P1010780.jpg

4x4junkie

Explorer
I'll add mine in
265-75-16 load range C mounted on 8 inch wide Moab wheels
They are on a 04 Jeep Liberty 4 inch lift , steel front and rear bumpers, heavy skids/rock rails etc so it's heavier than most
Tires installed at 129,120 miles, now at 184,400 they have an average of 9/32 left on
run them at 34 lbs of air on the highway and rotate every 3000-4000 miles
best tire I have ran in the last 20 years or so

Looking up their specs, I see they are 18/32 tread depth new, so that's pretty darn good to have 50% left on a fairly aggressive tire after ~55,000 miles.
Appreciate the report. :cool:

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
What size do you have Mike? I suppose I could find it somewhere in all the threads.... but you have it right there...

Christopher

4x4junkie

Explorer
^^
I see "LT285/70R17 121/118Q" on the sidewall if you click on the pic (or maybe it's 121/116Q, can't quite make that part out real clear)

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Haf-E said:
What size do you have Mike? I suppose I could find it somewhere in all the threads. . . but you have it right there . . .

4x4junkie said:
I see "LT285/70R17 121/118Q" on the sidewall if you click on the pic . . .

Sharp eyes. They are indeed 285/70R17s.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
My Duratracs have been great. I'll try to look up the total mileage on them as well as measure tread depth and report back to this thread.

I measured a new tire at 0.540" and my used tires at 0.40" at 22,000 miles. I rotate every 5,000 miles and watch the air pressure closely; set at 35 pounds unloaded and 40 when heavily loaded.

xjaugie

Adventurer
The Tacoma is in the shop getting a new timeing belt and water pump. When I get it back tomorrow, I'll measure the tread depth and see how it compares to what you guys are getting.

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
The 265/76/16 E loads on my Mitsubshi Montero have clocked just over 50k and are reading 8/32 on the tread depth gauge (that's the shoulder block measurement). They have seen plenty of off-highway miles and are wearing well with regular rotations. They are holding up well in regards to chipping, chunking, and slices. Great tire in all conditions! A true AT/MT hybrid IMHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior