Goodyear UltraTerrain AT Tire

sargeek

Adventurer
One of my co-workers just put a set of these on a work truck. They appear to be a good contender to take on the BFG AT. Deep addressive AT tread, M&S Rated with the moutian snow flake. It will be interesting to see how they perform and hold up.

The are only avialable through Disccount Tire.
Goodyear-wrangler-ultraterrain-at

Looks like a another decent choice for Discount.

pluton

Adventurer
That America's Tire site is very cagey about their load rating; they flat out don't quote the familiar 'Load Range X' but instead use something called Load Index which specifies only the weight carrying rating of the tire.
Update: I saw a photo(on a Tacoma forum) of the sticker on a 20" version that said Load Range E.

Last edited:

hemifoot

Observer
worst tires i ever had,goodyears.wouldn't stay balanced,even the e rated were mushy and i ripped a hole so big i couldn't plug it while driving down a dirt,not gravel road 100 kilometers in the middle of nowhere.all with less that 10k kilometers on them.tried to get the dealer to swap them before i bought the truck because i could tell right away they were junk,but no deal. never again.

Last edited:

Grassland

Kind of remind me of the Walmart Goodyear wrangler attitude and the Canadian Tire Goodyear wrangler Territory. AKA alternative duratracs.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
That America's Tire site is very cagey about their load rating; they flat out don't quote the familiar 'Load Range X' but instead use something called Load Index which specifies only the weight carrying rating of the tire.
Update: I saw a photo(on a Tacoma forum) of the sticker on a 20" version that said Load Range E.
When you click on the sizes it tells you everything you need, for example: "LT265 /75 R16 123Q E1 SBL"

BTW, Load Index is a completely legitimate measurement. The 123Q on this tire means it's a load index of 123 which is 3,417 lbs at max pressure (80 psi on these) and speed index of Q is 100 MPH/160 km/h. A load range E just means it has a 10 ply rating, which isn't even really the case with radials now anyway. I think SBL is something about black lettering.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire_code

When a tire, like the BFG KO2 235/85R16 I run, lists a slashed load index of 120/116 it means the single/dual wheel ratings. Which are 3,042/2,778 lbs for mine.

Last edited:

Grassland

When you click on the sizes it tells you everything you need, for example: "LT265 /75 R16 123Q E1 SBL"

BTW, Load Index is a completely legitimate measurement. The 123Q on this tire means it's a load index of 123 which is 3,417 lbs at max pressure (80 psi on these) and speed index of Q is 100 MPH/160 km/h. A load range E just means it has a 10 ply rating, which isn't even really the case with radials now anyway. I think SBL is something about black lettering.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire_code

When a tire, like the BFG KO2 235/85R16 I run, lists a slashed load index of 120/116 it means the single/dual wheel ratings. Which are 3,042/2,778 lbs for mine.

Exactly. I ran into a problem trying to find tires for my Ford Transit. It has an unusual European load rating, Euro C, on a small tire. Tires of similar diameter with load E ratings still have significantly lower load indexes. Thus, I was stuck going OEM size and had almost no selection in tires. a 235/65R16 Euro C has something like a 121 load index, which is insanely high for a tire of that diameter.

hemifoot

Observer
Do you mean the Ultraterrain or Goodyear in general?
i mean any goodyear.i've never had a goodyear tire i could trust. i had them on 2 trucks at the time of purchase and junked them almost immediately and they were not overly big tires. i especially despise the duratracs.premium tire? they are not.i hate them,but that's just my expierience with them.

blubullett

I wasn't happy with my Duratracs either. I holed two of them on pretty much nothing. I would bet those tires are nothing but Duratracs with a little different tread pattern. I now have Falken Wildpeak AT3w and am happy with them so far. They are great in the snow (duratracs are too) and I haven't ruined any yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz